Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can't open an account @ Godaddy from China !

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was trying for 1 month to open an account @ Godaddy, but no success, it is so slow... I thought my ISP sucks, but... I made now some Googling and probably they make it INTENTIONALLY, because they do not want customers from China. Anybody from China here can confirm same problem ? I am happy with Namecheap, but recently I bought web for 500 USD with domain @ Godaddy and the guy probably doesnot know, what is AUTHINFO, so I am stucked...
Here some related reading:
http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum25/793.htm
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archive/thread/143397-1.html

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Godaddy is a discriminating fool. Use eNom instead.
I do not like Enom either and am perfectly happy with Namecheap. But the domain I bought is at Godaddy ready to push, thats why I was trying to open GD account. And in last 30 days I wanted to buy here 5 or 6 domains but did not, because the domains was at Godaddy (I did not know about AUTHINFO codes that time...).

Why I do not like Enom: Before I knew namecheap I tried to register Enom reseller account (domains for 8.95 and 500 USD prepaid or something like that). They sent me 7-page application to sign it and send it back. OK, I did it. Than they asked me for scan or fax of my passport, credit card from both sides and CC statement. I did. Then they told me I have to use in the account my REAL name for whois, but they can offer me ID protection for promotional price "only" 6 USD per domain. So I asked them to close that account, than opened Namecheap one: I can use whatever name for whois, it costs less, interface on league better, servers speedy... Since than I registered 120 domainnames...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom