Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Cant push for 60 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

divaqs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HotDN said:
Sedo told me that you cant push a domain to another registrant
in Enom for 60 days after you reg it or transfer it to your account.

Is it true?

anyone?

Sedo might be confusing eNom with GoDaddy

If a domain is transferred between registrars or between eNom accounts, no transfer of the domain is allowed for 60-days from the date the transfer was complete. This is a restriction implemented due to ICANN's Transfer Policy and can only be bypassed or overridden in case of transfer dispute or legal proceedings.
This does not include a "push" between eNom accounts or change of registrant/administrative whois information. This only applies to actual registrant transfers.

H

H2FC

do you happen to know what Moniker's policy is regarding this subject? I am buying a domain and the owner has opened an account with moniker so that he can transfer the name there and then push it into my account. Does Moniker allow this without a waiting period? Thanks for info

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a big argument with Sedo about this a few days ago. I proved to them that eNom HAS NOT changed their policy about pushing names... there is no 60 day lock.

Let me know if they insist on this, I'll email you my email thread with them, including statements from 2 eNom support people.

I will not wait 6 weeks for a buyer to figure out a transfer while a simple eNom push can be completed in 1 day. I had 4 name sales held up for weeks over this issue.

One exception... if the name has been at eNom less than 60 days, obviously the lock goes with the domain after the push.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dmtalk,

As far as I know there are no restrictions regarding pushing from one account to another at Moniker. At least there were no restrictions 6 months ago.

As for eNom push, I can also confirm that there is no 60 day lock on pushing domains through eNom, based on my own experience 2 weeks ago.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You cant transfer a domain at any registar until its 60 days old... It's not just enom.

H

H2FC

Sometimes its hard to understand exactly what a message is really saying. But as I understand it now; a newly registered domain cannot be transferred from the registrar it was originally registered with to another registrar until 60 days has passed. Because of this, it cannot be transferred to a new owner for 60 days unless that new owner also has an account with the same registrar. Isn't that the total rule...plain and simple?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
goodyork said:
transfer from one registrar to another has 60 days restriction is ICANN policy , not the registrar.

We're discussing a push within the registrar... ICANN policy has nothing to do with that.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
never had any probs with eNom in this regard.. they always had a 7 day lock on pushges if you just pushed a name.. but ive never come across the problem you speak of before.

domains4you

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain can be pushed even in the same time you reg the name successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom