Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can't transfer .org to enom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried to transfer my .org domains from other registrar to enom.com but can't do it:-(

It shows the message after I filled the .org domains ?I want to transfer:Top level domains can only be .com, .net, or .cc -

Do you have any idea why enom can't transfer .org or this is a common case for .org domains now?:huh:

thanks

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something about an authorization code being needed like for .info but havn't sussed it out fully yet.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, .org needs authorization key to process transfer now.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From Enom site:-

"EPP transfers (Use for .info, .biz, .us, .org and all .cn domains)

This transfer type requires you to enter the current authorization key for each domain.
No further verification (such as fax or auto verification) is required for these domains.
Authorization keys are obtained from the current registrar.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have had this problem too.

eNom says to get the authorisation code from the current registrar, but some registrars don't seem to be able to give an authorisation code yet. (like OpenSRS/Tucows, I think)

I am making enquiries via my eNom reseller.

I think I might end up having to renew some domains with the current registrar until a solution is found, especially as they are very close to renewal :(

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
From Enom site:-

"EPP transfers (Use for .info, .biz, .us, .org and all .cn domains)

This transfer type requires you to enter the current authorization key for each domain.
No further verification (such as fax or auto verification) is required for these domains.
Authorization keys are obtained from the current registrar.

I tried getting such keys from Dotregistrar (the worlds most baffling registrar) and they seemed lost.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My eNom reseller has had an answer from eNom.

The problem is that some registrars have not updated to the new system yet, and until they do so, it is probably impossible to transfer to a different registrar from such registrars.

Until then, I will have to renew some of my .orgs through existing registrars :-(

eNom are going to contact PIR to see if there is a work around for transfers from such registrars.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cannot transfer any .com/.net to ENOM.

It seems Enom did not send any confirmation email for past several days for all of my transfers.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by owndomain

It seems Enom did not send any confirmation email for past several days for all of my transfers.

I was getting worried about that too, but I have just got two authorisation requests for names I initiated the transfers on 6 days ago. Much slower than usual.

M

mole

Yup, .ORG is now on the RTP system, and managed by the same system registry Afilias.

There will be strange hiccups along the way as registrars adjust. It was the same thing for .INFO transfers. I had to explain the RTP procedures to a couple of registrars manned by clueless support staff from .COM world.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by owndomain

\

According to eNom the problem is fixed now!
Try the transfer now if it hasn't suceeded already!

getmikey

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a note about those having transfer problems at enom.com

I too had a problem making a transfer. Then I located an announcement enom sent to the email address listed on my account with them.

They have relocated to a different (presumably better) location. I don't know if that had anything to do with the hiccups or not, but I had transfer auth emails that were received 5-6 days after I placed the transfer order. Once I got the email, I responded, and the transfer sailed right through.

Guess it was a one-time glitch. At least I hope so.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, I had the same issue trying to transfer over my .orgs from tucows. they all said to wait until tucows gets on the new platform. bummer :(

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also asked Enom about using the AUTH CODE for .ORGs and the registrar cannot provide it. Enom told me:

Hello,

When transferring this domain enter NA for the AUTH code and it will process fine. Hope that helps.

William Kelley
Technical Support
www.enom.com
ICANN Accredited Registrar

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip NameGuy. I also ran into this problem. I'm trying to get a .org moved from Dotster to Enom right now. I had to write Dotster tech support to try to get an Auth code. They are in the middle of migrating to the new system so they told me to do this (don't know if it will work yet as I am still waiting to hear about the transfer status from Enom):

The authorization code for your .ORG transfer is : epp-migration (generic for all .orgs TXs from Dotster at this time 8-03)

If your registrar has any questions regarding this auth code, please have them consult the ".ORG Technical Advisory #2003-08-06"

Specifically, the section:

Case 1: EPP Gaining Registrar from RRP Losing Registrar:

The post-transition EPP Gaining Registrar must provide the generic auth_info
code "epp-migration" and four contacts (the contacts are registrant, admin,
technical and billing) using the oxrs-1.0 extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom