Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can't view profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that I am unable to view profiles. Is this just a glitch in the system or has this feature been restricted. Occasionally, I like to research individuals prior to doing business with them, and their profile is a big part of that.

Upvote 0

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they changed the security settings so we can't view profiles....because I can't either

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, I can't view profiles.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Profiles have been switched off as an additional security measure. Details of members have been abused and this action will help toward preventing this happening again - there had been complaints about spamming etc.

Contact can be made by PM and personal arrangements made for exchanging of details etc, that way everyone is protected and responsible for the security of their own information.

It's an inconvenience but trends on the Internet cause us inconvenience in many directions - hope that explains things. :)

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting decision on behalf of mgmt.

IMO..
members have the "choice" of what they would like too reveal as public info.. thus they have a user panel too add/modify. Part of being a member of a board, is having the ability too have a home pg. and contact info provided in one's profile.

just my 2cents.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I am missing something here.

What was working last week and is not today?

please be specific.

-=DCG=-

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod
I think I am missing something here.

What was working last week and is not today?

please be specific.

-=DCG=-
Please refer too MrWebname's post regarding the "profile" access being turned off.. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Personally, I really enjoyed the profile access of members.. as others have mentioned, it's nice too have a view of this members home page and info etc.. prior too conducting business.. it was a nice feature, which will be missed. :-(

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The last time I have checked, I was able to view profiles...

But then again, that's not saying much since the majority of my time is being spent on domain forums that are properly managed, one's that take their members feedback to heart...

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks brn2h8 for that constructive reply.

-=DCG=-

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol
this is too funny
do executive members get to see profiles? :p

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If we are talking about the same thing, It has been disabled for over 3 months so makes me wonder why it's brought up now.

It obviously was not that missed.

-=DCG=-

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If we are talking about the same thing, It has been disabled for over 3 months so makes me wonder why it's brought up now.

-=DCG=-

Not true! These profiles are an extremely important part of the forum. I need to search my own posts for one and can't even get into my own profile to check threads I've been participating in. These profiles are very important to check on potential sales, member sites, past purchases, current offerings, past offerings etc etc etc. Was the simplest tool to use for some research and navigation. Lets you get a feel for a particular member and what his interests are.

I liken this to the local community saying that the citizens are no longer allowed phone books, maps en such, and if they want to "find" each other, they will have to go to the police station or other administration and provide good reasons.

Not too many things have gotten me more frustrated than this action.
Doc

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are correct and I was wrong, this is an error that will be corrected shortly.

GiantDomains cleared up the misunderstanding!

Take care!

-=DCG=-

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are correct and I was wrong, this is an error that will be corrected shortly.

GiantDomains cleared up the misunderstanding!

Take care!

-=DCG=-
OK never mind.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-
Not the case on my end. It was just a few days ago, that I recall viewing my own as well as others profiles and had full access.. it's been a recent change.
* I've started a thread on this couple days ago (maybe it was yesterday.. anyways.. it's in the sugg & feedback titled "Bug found"..

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's fixed!

thanks for your patience.

I was confused!

-=DCG=-

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks DCG...

After re-reading my initial message, I do see how you could've thought that I was referring to the memberlist. Even though it took three days for this minor issue to be resolved, it has been resolved...

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brn2h8,

Your message also proved we could benefit from a section here called: 'Report System Errors to Admin'

Will be added to make these things fixed quicker instead of getting buried in suggestions.

Thanks

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom