Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

careerbuider.com at $18600.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is that even worth it? Going after a trademark typo and a company that has a history going after typo sqatters.... Imagine paying 20k and has to give it up in a few months... not worth it in my opinion.

Domain Days 2024

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't pay 1800 let alone almost 20,000...crazy

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's some very high RPM traffic, but such an obvious typo is risky.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that even worth it? Going after a trademark typo and a company that has a history going after typo sqatters.... Imagine paying 20k and has to give it up in a few months... not worth it in my opinion.

one less competitor :)

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are bidding for it biggedon? Not worried at all?

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
someone sure has some balls. My credit limit aren't even that high. lol.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Estimated PPC for keyword 'CAREER' = $0.5
Cash paid for investment = $18,600

In order to earn back those cash, you will need 37,200 clicks. Let say your CTR hits 15% "very low". Then you will need about 250,000 visitors to break even.

In investment, it is a common practice to throw in cash for 2-8 years asset.

So, to see whether is it really worthed, you need to predict how much traffic can the domain receive in one day and compare it to it margin:

2 years: 347 visitors/day
3 years: 231 visitors/day
and so on......

Careerbuild.com has 920 OVT score with ext. That is very high. Most of the time, websites with ten of thousands of visitors will have that score.

The conclusion is: VERY VERY WORTHED

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crazy, but a good money maker until they have to give it up :p

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
who bought it ?
If they can develop it and cover up the money them good for them.. but surely not worth the price :-o
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They will get this money back in less than 2 years. These guys earn millions of dollars every month so they can not be buying some $100 domains...I made proxybid on this one $10K and went to sleep. Yesterday was 5 CB typos auctioned, all of them for a lot.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some WIPO cases involving Career Builder for your reading pleasure.

I read other things for pleasure, sorry.

IMHO a purchase like this one is a Gamble, not an investment.

Purchase of one such domain would be a gamble. Buying hundreds is investment with some losses calculated within the price. Again - imagine you have 1-2 mil. income stream every month. Half of it reinvest into generic, no TM domains with ROI 5~10%, half of it reinvest into TM domains with average ROI including some losses about 50%. Once (and if ever) this TM parking ends you will have a lot of projects on generic domains and still will be able to use the traffic from those TM domains to boost traffic on it.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
some companies are actually starting to sue for loss of business, so if buyer resides in USA there is also a lawsuit risk, not just losing the domain

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Purchase of one such domain would be a gamble. Buying hundreds is investment with some losses calculated within the price. Again - imagine you have 1-2 mil. income stream every month. Half of it reinvest into generic, no TM domains with ROI 5~10%, half of it reinvest into TM domains with average ROI including some losses about 50%. Once (and if ever) this TM parking ends you will have a lot of projects on generic domains and still will be able to use the traffic from those TM domains to boost traffic on it.

Stop giving out all the secrets Denny. :cheeky:

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think its silly to think the buyers are not aware of the TM issues. Anytime a tm name is bought or auctioned someone always has to say "uh oh TM issues", the people buying these things know that. Its obviously a risk theyve decided they can handle. If you think your gonna make money without taking risks your a dope.

droplister, a Typo Squatter :)

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
all they have to lose is the price of the domain, they are smart enough to sheild their assets in case of lawsuits , so on scale to them its not a risk in the larger scope of things.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guess another person who bids high and can't pay, it's back on auction now at $10,000. I wonder if those people get banned if they can't pay. I guess you are the high bidder now Danny? Hope you got the cash.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess another person who bids high and can't pay, it's back on auction now at $10,000. I wonder if those people get banned if they can't pay. I guess you are the high bidder now Danny? Hope you got the cash.

Everyone can get into trouble sometimes. I am the highest bidder but someone will overbid me for sure...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably the guy which bumped the non-payer to those 18600 rejected re-auction with his last bid, Enom asked my via email too if I want to keep the bid or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom