Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Cash for referrals

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an idea, good or bad I'll let you decide.

This forum has over 1,900 members who come from all walks of life. Some people have connections to the Adult Ent. industry. Some to the Software industry. Some the the Widget industry, etc.

Here's my point. Many of us have a few good names (i.e. a whole lot better than "junkynamez.info" but not nearly as good as "paintball.net". The retail value for a good name is, let's say, somewhere in the $3,000 - $20,000 range). And many of us are looking to sell these names to an end-user but just don't know how.

As an example, if someone owns "widgets.com" but doesn't know anyone in the "widget" industry, the chances of them selling for retail are small. Oh sure, they can try sending letters or emails to the heads of "widget"-related companies, but the chance of success is still slim. Smaller yet is the chance that any of these "widget" companies will be watching Ebay.

Enter the go-between. That would be a member of this forum who just happens to know people in the "widget" industry. This go-between can get together with the person who owns "widgets.com", work out a minimum retail sales price, agree to a commission, pound out a contract, and then go to work on his/her contacts in the "widget" industry.

The eventual sale would be a win-win-win situation.

The details on setting up something like this are still sketchy, but right now I'm just interested in feedback.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom