Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Cash Parking or Parked cash crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsobright

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:eek:
What are the specifics (including restrictions for the dummy) of cash parking systems generally?, I know on the father who is on the move's cash parking one can direct the type of links but the program seems restricted with regards to inserting content, thus I feel restrictive in effectiveness. What are the most effective means of using cash parking systems? Will someone who really knows and not just trying to make a buck teach me from your experience please. Thanks so much..

nielsencl

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The specifics will take some time, so I think you need to learn more about parking from reading on the forums and the parking provider's sites to you can ask some specific questions and not a general one.

But I will tell you that all the parking providers are different and some you can select keywords, template, and add text content, and others like Imonetize.com you can only select some keywords. And that may be fine for a beginner or someone who does not have the time to set up and optimize each domain.

But I don't think any one provider is best for all domains. I suggest you pick one of them and add some domains and see how they do. I think you will find some domains make money and others don't. But if you have a domain that is getting traffic, but no clicks, then you need to work on the optimization/keywords to find something that works. If you still can't earn any money, then try a different provider.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The most important thing which is overlooked by most new domainers is reg names that get traffic even if only one or 2 vistors a week your time should be spent on looking for good names spend a lot of time reading news releases sometimes they break stories on new technologies or new medical breakthroughs where there is still good names to come.Thats how i stay in the black but i am not able to live off trafic yet but will one day. Just as an example I regged firsttimehomebuyertaxcredit.com 8 months ago
I have made 100.00 dollars parked and turned down 2 -500 dollar offers and a 1k offer from a mortgage lawyer, I should have accepted the 1k offer but it was fixed and i couldnt get the guy to bid at sedo and send it to auction. i figured its getting late so My last offer of 300 i sent it to auction and it closes in 2 days. everybodysaid it was too long but I have quiete a few long names that do well parked although this is my longest.PS_- I would never type in such a long name. Another example I heard on the news last month that caffeine cream can kill skin cancer cells so i regged about 12 names because think of all the variations theres caffeine cosmetices caffeine creams caffeinated cosmetics caffeine beaty products caffeine lotion etc etc 2 are making money the rest nothing, my point is if you make money on traffic names you can build on your portfolio, but most new domainers go the route of making up words that sound good but make no money. like bluegiraffe.com etc I dont no if i am making sense or not but this is my path and i will stick with it.

if you want to become a website developer then noomle.com has a free system to start and runs on donations, if you are good at writing articles etc then thats another route you might go.

Last edited:

Lex_Luther

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That help Fatter but how do you even get to direct traffic to your site if it's parked? Even if you have a descent reg name, it seems difficult to park & pray don't you think?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You really can't "drive" traffic to your site since most of the time SEO is horrible and most companies do not allow the advertising of parked pages. (Parked does allow some custom content, though, to help w/ SEO).

They want either type in traffic or traffic from backlinks.

Lex_Luther

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So do you think Dragger that having like a type reg name helps? Or just sticking with a really good reg name you came up on your own. I don't want to be one of those poor saps that ends up not giving up their domain because they love the name of it. I have a few domains over at parked.com and I moved them their and a few of them did better than I expected. However still confusing with the breakdown scheme of your domain i.e. RPM, CTR, etc.... (hope that made sense)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I think your best bet is to develop domains (most of my names have a very small amount of type-in traffic).

If you have a name that gets traffic and people click on the ads, if you're making more than the reg fee then keep it parked (unless you want to develop it).

Made up names will rarely have type in traffic. Computers.com, Tickets.com, etc.. will get type in traffic, BobsComputerShopOnline.com will get almost none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom