Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Catalog.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any domains with catalog.com? (through snapnames). Just picked one up, and so far, the control panel at catalog looks pretty bad. Is there no way to push a domain to another account?.

RMF

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, Snaps got me a decent name there and first thing im going to do is transfer it out..there are like no options what so ever (forwarding, etc..)

RMF said:
Anyone have any domains with catalog.com? (through snapnames). Just picked one up, and so far, the control panel at catalog looks pretty bad. Is there no way to push a domain to another account?.

RMF

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, count yourself as lucky since you have a panel. :party:

Some of the registars pool etc. work with dont' even have a WEB SITE :-O and force you to do the updates via email.

:p

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand these registrars. Why would they make life so difficult to their customers. They spend so much money to become a registrar, yet the spend nothing when it comes to their website, or control panel. Don't they want more business?. Its insane.

RMF

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nominate.net was my worst experience of all time..snaps got me a name there with over 100 dmoz listings which was killer traffic, yet my login never worked. Sent them an email about 15 times, then i noticed my domain was put into registrar hold, redemption period, and was about 10 days away from being deleted before they finally fixed it. Now their whois server is down so I can't transfer the domain and they won't respond..needless to say about 3/4th of the dmoz listings got pulled because the site was down for over 3 months.

Just another horror story :)

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I got a couple domains at nominate too.

RMF

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You guys had it easy.

My "name winner" ended up in Far East, so I had to brush up on my "Berlitz" language books.

Still waiting for the 60 days, before I attempt to flee from the medieval times as fast as I can.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RMF said:
I just don't understand these registrars. Why would they make life so difficult to their customers. They spend so much money to become a registrar, yet the spend nothing when it comes to their website, or control panel. Don't they want more business?.

These registrars exist for the sole purpose of catching drops. They are out to negotiate the highest rev share they can from the likes of Pool and Snap... they don't care about the registrant, you are a necessary cost of doing business. They know you're going to leave them for someone else who only charges 6.99/yr (or less) so why bother making a fancy online interface? Especially those in asia... if you don't speak Chinese or Korean or whatever good luck getting help. Want to change your email address? Sorry, can't do it. Want to change your DNS servers? Send us an email and some secretary will screw it up for you in a week when they get a chance.

Bah.

Now if Moniker caught all my domains, I'd be a very happy guy.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with you.

These Registrars only catch drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom