Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Catch the SuperBowl GoDaddy.com Commercial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zearo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha...so I guess even the domain industry needs to advertise with beautiful women to increase sales. I don't even think anyone got the fact it was by GoDaddy...Too busy oogling, had to slap my guy friend upside the head, and he went "Uh...what is GoDaddy?" Ha :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hypocrite GoDaddy wasted $2 million on a stupid commercial. First they ban or reverse registrations of controversial domains and now they resort to a "tits and ass" show.

Sorry GoDaddy, yellow flag on this one.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wasn't this commercial rejected? What happened to that?!

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No the Bud commercial was pulled by Bud.

And the Patriots kicked ass! AGAIN!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they dont show any good ads up here in Canada...and although I saw GoDaddy before I didn't get to see it during the game...

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
from Bob Parsons' (CEO of GoDaddy) blog :

As you may have noticed our Super Bowl ad only appeared during the scheduled first quarter spot. It was scheduled to run also in the second ad position during the final two minute warning. Our ad never ran a second time. Instead, in its place, we saw an advertisement promoting "The Simpsons."

The NFL persuaded FOX to pull our ad.
We immediately contacted Fox to find out what happened. Here's what we were told: After our first ad was aired, the NFL became upset and they, together with Fox, decided to pull the ad from running a second time. Because we purchased two spots, we were also entitled to a "Brought to you by GoDaddy.com" 5 second marquis spot. They also chose to pull the marquis spot.

Our ad is finishing high in opinion polls.
So far in early opinion polls, our ad seems to be finishing fairly high. In fact, in checking the one on the Fox site, it is in the number two position. Not bad for an ad that could only be aired once.

Stay tuned for more news as it develops.
I'm sure you'll be hearing more about this over the next few days. I believe that it's the first time ever a decision was made to pull an ad after it had already been run once during the same broadcast.

Togoodhlth said:
No the Bud commercial was pulled by Bud.
Really?
http://www.google.com/search?q=godaddy+rejected

Check how the page changed from "rejected" to "web version".

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like you all are talking about the ad and the company who put it out. Everyone who thought it was a bad commercial just proved that it got viewers attention in a superbowl that was sickenly P.C.

P.S. Im still waiting to see some Paul Mcartney Nipple.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was an average commercial. The caddie ad was pretty slick. The mustang ad was great and the GD ad was ok.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Togoodhlth said:
It was an average commercial. The caddie ad was pretty slick. The mustang ad was great and the GD ad was ok.

The pilot jumping out of the plane after the beer was hilarious, so was the man holding the cat with the knife. Those two were the funniest and most memorable. The worst commericial of the night was the McDonald's fry shaped like Abe Lincoln spoof, with the Godaddy ad following closely behind.

My non-domainer friend who I watched the Superbowl with asked me if Godaddy.com was a search engine. If that tells you anything. This morning he's already probably forgot the commerical.

Zearo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Eh, I really thought it was kind of dumb. I know they were trying to goof around with last years "malfunction" but I think they could have done it a bit better. But of course, I could just be saying that because I am a bitter girl ;)

There were far better commercials. Including the Anheiser Busch Salute to Soldiers, and the Ameriquest Bad Kitty commercial. That one was hilarious! I don't like cats ;)

interlution

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy certainly got a lot of attention for their commercial. :)

Condsidering domain name registration is not something the average persons knows anything about, I think it was best for them to just make a shocking commercial and get anyone to visit their site.

The Napster commercial was too complicated. Drunk SuperBowl fans don't want to read and "do the math"... You had to already understand how music downloads work. Most people don't know how to download mp3s. It was basically targeted at current iTunes customers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The GD commercial wouldn't be that bad, if GD hadn't been portraying themselves as a "smut-free" environment. But GD doesn't do as they preach. Two thumbs down.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
in addition to the ad production costs, blog 'big mouth' parsons (craig newmark, mark cuban wannabe..) just wasted 3.5 mil. only so he could 2 satisfy his increasingly big ego.

and his 'blog' is horrendous. shoving his political views down other people's throats is not cool. especially not so when u misleadingly hijack their time by placing your personal link on your corporate page, and then u have decency 2 claim 'oh, my blog has nothing to do with gd'..

oh shut the f.up

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you guys say anything?.......i was too busty...er i mean busy, thinking about the godaddy commercial to listen....lol

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Know what they should have done?

The commerical should have been like this.

"The father of 3 children returns home and the kids are happy to see him. His wife (who he is divorced to says nice to see you again) He smiles and says nice to see you all.. and then he says "I have a surprise for all of you" and then introduces them to that same girl that was in the commericial and then says This is my new wife! or something like that and then runs off to the car with her, and one of his kids, (the son) says You Better "GoDaddy!" cheering him on.. lol.. now that would have been funny and would have gotten alot of attention. :cheeky:

I swear I should be organizing commericials instead of the internet thing haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom