Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Catched a good .TV!!! should I get privacy protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyTrader

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
New to the forums here... I have been keeping an eye on the forums for a while so I'm excited to jump aboard looking forward to your advise.

I normally go for the generic word domains but then I came across a .tv that I just couldn't refuse. At first I wasn't sure if I should register it or not. To tell you the truth I was shocked that it was available!, as all the other TLDs are taken and doing a quick check most if not all those TLDs are registered under that company.
So after thinking about any legal complications, I said go for it and figure what to do later... And believe me, the other TLDs belong to a reputable company! I think I already said too much...:lol:
Now, after seeing what .tv domains are going for on Sedo, one catched my eye last week: telmex.tv (the latin american telecom company) going for 25,000 I think... So .tv's for large corporations are being bought at auctions...

What do you recommend that I do... should I get the privacy protection and hold on to that .tv until I figure what to do... should I just go ahead and try to find a broker that could leverage the real value of that domain?

There could be certain legal complications, but since the two words used in the domain are somehow "generic" it could qualify under fair use or even parody provisions...

Just looking for the wisest thing to do with this one... And yes, I think they'd be very interesting in having a .tv, they're business is somehow related to video.

Looking forward to the day when I can reveal the name of the domain... you will not believe it...

Thanks!

Oops... maybe this post should have gone in the Legal Forum ???
My bad... sorry

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not all companies are "nice" about anyone having registered their name in any way shape form.
Get good advice about the name from someone who knows the domain name laws.
Hiding behind a hidden who.is won't stop them from a WIPO action, probably better to leave your email on there IMO as they may "ask" first, before initiating legal action. Some companies go straight to filing as I learned with an IDN that I thought was pure generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom