Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.CC Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am currently looking at a number of nice .cc type-in domains. Can someone please give me some views or experiences with this sort of domain please. I am looking at resales, short term would be great, but am prepared to stick these out for the long haul. Any advice. I am in the UK and any advice on the best/cheapest place to buy would be great. Currently been looking at Spanner Software to provide them for me. I ask these questions as I am suprised these very nice names are currently unregistered... why?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any such thing as a .cc type-in name. Who would type in the .cc extension?

Generally these tiny country code extensions are a very poor investment if resale is your objective.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with Duke (of Earl :-D )

Maybe CreditCard.cc would get a few?

They did try to brand it like that once.. :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say as well

:) <--------------- Thats the ugliest general "smilie" emoticon I have seen.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.cc never took off like many wished. If .net and .org cannot even get a decent foothold - how can you expect .cc to.

.com rules!

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, type in cc's are not really existent.
I have ISP.cc, UnitedStates.cc and StockMarket.cc and I only get a handful of type ins a day.

As far as offers go I dont get many.

Take all the money you were going to spend on the cc's and spend it on 1 decent com or if you want something which has a better shot than the cc go with biz, info or us

Good luck

discountdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If you want to use keywords in your domain name then using the .cc TLD is a good plan.

The search engines don't directly discriminate against tld types.

I sell the cc domain extensions for £35.00 per annum (offline only at the moment) If you want more details then PM me.

Clare

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for those comments. I'm unsure now what to do. Hmmm, do I take the gamble or do I waste my cash? One I have to have a little think about. Something is telling me I should do it for a future investment. I'm going to have to polish that crystal ball of mine I think.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.cc is one ugly extension if I've ever seen one.

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd go for it if the keywords are REALLY keywords with at least 50K in Overture. High numbers in Google really don't mean anything other than it's a common word or phrase, so let OT be your guide. Also, ask yourself this question - "would I develop it"? If the answer is Yes and the OT numbers are High then as Nike so elequently puts it "just do it". If the answer is No, move on. This advice holds true for .cc, .ws, .tv, and just about any other weird extension (cctld) you can come up with (.be, .bz...). However, I would stick with .ws, .cc, and .tv mainly due to their "popularity (?)" in the aftermarket.

Lastly, with GoDaddy's foray into .CC, along with their extremely attractive pricing model, .CC may just have its day in the sun.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom