Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

CCC domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LCL.com
LLC.com
CLL.com
CCL.com
LCC.com

Really any combination. I have been watching these for years. I have bought and sold a few but only to resellers. I have never had an enduser purchase one and use it. Earlier today I was trying to decide if it is worth buying any more of these domains and I did a random search on about 60 of them. They all took me to parked pages, domain for sale sites..and so fourth.

So where does the value come from for these names if they have such a limited enduser appeal?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So where does the value come from for these names if they have such a limited enduser appeal?

because they are all registered, thus the value

back when they could be hand-regged, they were only worth reg fee to $15

i sold one a couple months back on sedo for $,$$$ and got inquiry on another thru domainnamesales the other day

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't say no Enduser appeal, i such a limited end user appeal. Did they actually develop the name you sold or did they park it?

This is more research than anything else. I have been doing this as long as you (just not as active on here) so I completely understand the value based on rarity but the rarity value sometimes get a little over inflated with collectors and resellers even when it is evident that there is not a large enduser market for such domains.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did they actually develop the name you sold or did they park it?

This is more research than anything else. I have been doing this as long as you (just not as active on here) so I completely understand the value based on rarity but the rarity value sometimes get a little over inflated with collectors and resellers even when it is evident that there is not a large enduser market for such domains.

i know you've been around :)

here's another i sold on sedo, it is developed > 1md com

the recent 3 char sale is parked.

i agree rarity does get inflated sometimes

remember when elequa i believe bought up the last LLL.info's?

after that, there was a brief demand and i sold a few in $500 range

but if you also remember, .info domains were free to register at one time, just like .be

and now .info is experiencing new enthusiasm

there are some really premo 3 char names like "b2b c2c d2d" and those that have phonetic sounds like 'b4u, cu2" etc.

they can serve as url shortners, etc, but one just has to use creativity to come up with a viable usage.

imo....

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think these names are traditionally used for URL shorteners.
Collectors items too.

But unless it's MP3.com these names are just random CCC with no particular meaning.

Nowadays there are short domains available in ccTLDs (example: .co .ly .to). So we are now seeing many URL shorteners on more or less exotic extensions.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CCC.com was the category that killed me, they were so expensive in 2008 (I saw them TRIPLE in one month, from $150 to $450, people were after them like there was no tomorrow) I bought many and always preferred the LLN, LNN, NNL and NLL types, those sell better (NLN and LNL are meaningless most of the time, those are the ones we're letting go at big losses)

Something like A84, BC9, 37M or 6GH is a good combo, some products are named that way (usually model #s) and their sequence is easy to remember. But they still haven't come back near their peak prices. Some sell $400+ but it isn't common. Even $300+ is not easy to get. But under $300 you will find any buyer and that's what everyone is offering, even lower for bulk deals. It's hard to let them go for much less than what you paid but it may be the right decision. Sometimes an end user (usually Asian) will want one and you'll do OK but those are hard to come by

Something like C7N or 6H2 makes the toughest sell one can face. And those are 3-char .com's so by now one would've expected this category to be hot since they're all taken. But very few pay top dollar for them. An LLL.com is $4K+ even for a bad one, an NNN.com is $10K+, much more for good ones. But the randomness of a CCC.com combo (even the better ones) makes them illiquid unless you decide to let them go cheap. The vast majority of people who've bought these were resellers, very few end users

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom