Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Celebrity name squatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...I can't believe some of my first mistakes in domaining were purchasing celebrity names... then I wondered :rolleyes: why I never made any sales and almost raised the white flag :yield: in domaining before there was a mentor that took me under his wing so to say.

Showed me threads, explained them to me, etc. Great guy, not around on the forum anymore and lost contact. I wouldn't classify myself as a professional as of yet; and don't think that anybody can, as we all have different areas we specialize in (though some are pretty damn close to being all inclusive).

Now, I look at the for sale threads selling celebrity names in obscure TLD's and want to :smash: bang my computer, but I pay it forward and have helped a few members in different areas. In fact it, was just a day or two ago I had an hour conversation with a forum member over the phone helping him setup Android SDK on his computer.

Anyway, if I misinterpreted this post, it's cause I woke up at 1PM yesterday, had night time classes from 3-10 PM and it's now 11:30 AM the next day. Can't get to bed, need roofies.:ranger:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) About celeb names, what always amazes me is the availability of them in auctions and they don't sell that well, some may be available for handreg (not Derek Jeter or the Kardashians LMAO but some others) and I've never known if to take advantage of that or not. Even when a celeb name isn't TMd they have enough $ to fight you about it later. And many don't seem bothered by not owning the domain for one's own name, I've seen celebs going on TV telling audiences to contact them at like KobeBryant.net cuz the .com is not theirs....did they even think of acquiring it ? wtf ....
:?:

2) As for your bedtime I have zero authority or discipline on that lol, my sleep patterns are erratic to say the least. But even if you're doing more domaining than before you don't necessarily have to go by US time lol.... ET (NYC) being the most popular in the world, more than GMT. That's probably not what you're doing but I know a couple of big domainers in the Pac Rim, one goes by NY time, ie he gets up and goes to sleep like a 9-5 guy in NYC only he's in the Pac Rim, that's a bit overdoing it. And if you're rich you could not care less what time it is where the other person is...

The other dude in Asia is set by US time (within PT-ET US/Can zone) but the thing with this one is he sleeps with his smartphone always on, and with alerts on for texts, emails, calls, anything so when anybody buzzes him in any way while he's sleeping he answers right away, this is wayyyy overdoing it.... (I joked to him once he acts like a poor domainer ....LMAO) And many domainers are in Europe, India, etc so he'll always disappoint someone... even in his own geo area whose time zone he doesn't think much of...
A roofie may not be enough soon, we might need unadulterated quaaludes from the 60s .... :mullet:

......I can't believe some of my first mistakes in domaining were purchasing celebrity names........
...... I woke up at 1PM yesterday, had night time classes from 3-10 PM and it's now 11:30 AM the next day. Can't get to bed, need roofies:ranger: .......

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Angel69: I ended up staying up until 5PM until I went to bed for the night. I had a great working pattern of 8PM to 4AM (with cell next to me so I can stay on Stateside time) and dropped like a dime in the sack around 4:10... however, it got later and later and noticed that I'd be working on tidbits around 6 in the morning with the sun up (a weird feeling). I wanted to correct this time difference the same way I do with jet lag, sleep deprivation. ;)

We'll see tonight (it's 1PM now) if that works out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom