Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Celebrity Names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVD26

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are celebrity names completely off limits when registering domain names or is there a "grey" area in terms of how you do it?
Would you be allowed to park a domain name (and hopefully get clicks) with a celebrity name?
What about politicians? (President, senators, etc)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure you can register them. Most do not care. You may get the occasional C&D and you can choose to turn over the domain or sell it to them.

domainnomad

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the $ range that you can expect to get for celebrity names? I got one recently in a drop auction. It's parked now and I've been wondering what to do with it.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, to let you know, if you do make revenue from a TMed name (which celebs are), then that puts you at risk. My best suggestions is to go to the leagl sections and search "celeb" and read all the information there. It will help you a ton and save you time, money and headaches.

But as a general rule, if you make money from a celebs name, that puts you at risk,. if you run a fansite and make no revenue at all, that will help you.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes they can be registered. However, running a fan site will prevent against C&Ds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom