Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Censoring the names of competition is unnecessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that DNF is well established enough that it doesn't need to worry that everybody is going to find out about the existence of another forum and decide they like it better and leave.

It's annoying when there is a sales thread and you see, 'also posted on ********.'

Upvote 0

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize DNF was doing that - if true? ... that's a sign that DNF doesn't have confidence in the service it provides; fearful that others have more to offer.

Ron

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of the legacy stuff remains from the reigns of previous owners, they were decisions made by other people that still remain.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with not allowing competitor links/names from being displayed. why help the competition. as the Godfather used to say its business not personal

Pleski

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never realized that was true. That is completely unnecessary. Most users probably know about na******.com

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While it seems counter-intuitive to allow folks to openly discuss other sites, such discussion can often increase traffic; the adult industry, for one, recognized long ago that exchanging traffic, including free discussion of other sites, etc is often more beneficial than trying to pretend other sites don't exist.

Ron

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
A lot of the legacy stuff remains from the reigns of previous owners, they were decisions made by other people that still remain.
That's actually what I thought. Of course, it is DCG's site. So if he doesn't like a site, then it is his right to blot them out. :)
fatter said:
I see nothing wrong with not allowing competitor links/names from being displayed. why help the competition. as the Godfather used to say its business not personal
We're not talking about allowing the competition to advertise their sites. But if someone is going to refer to the name, then there is no point in censoring that, as if it didn't exist. Or as it was said in Full Metal Jacket, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." (A movie quote just as irrelevant to this situation as was yours.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom