Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Censorship on DNF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When is it determined and by whom is it determined to place restrictions on what or how much a member can write in a post?

If DNF is going to practice censorship, then it needs to censor itself.

Moderators that come onto threads to not act as a moderator but to express their personal likes and dislikes is one thing.

But when that moderator is challanged on comments made and then claims that they were not speaking as a moderator, then they need to lose the moderator designation.

Put the badge on, take the badge off.

And moderators who "moderate" a thread when they have an overt or a covert dislike for the subject or certain members should not be the moderator in that thread.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Especially when that moderator first is acting as a moderator, then claims not to be acting as a moderator, but then again acts like a moderator by reporting or closing threads.

If on a personal note (hi, M) you do not like what is being said, then don't add personal comments.

To all mods and members...why is it necessary to jump in a thread and tell every one that it (the topic) and those members that bought into it are a bunch of losers?

what am I missing here? Did somebody edit your posts?
You are missing nothing.

obviously some of you cohorts have seen it necessary to limit the amount of characters in my posts

Continuing...Moderators should be monitoring the forum for rule violations

Monitors should be removing TM and Copyrighted materials from sales threads.

Monitors should be monitoring the abuses of sales threads that go on forever with no end in site or stated.

Monitors should be monitoring the "hidden" offers in active bidding threads.

Monitors should be monitoring themselves.

But what I see are monitors hovering around threads that:

1) they have a personal dislike for the extension
2) they have a persOnal and monetary interest vested in a certain affilitiates that someone is upset with
3) monitors themselves need to exercise restraint when joining into a discussion or topic that they do not like...an extension, a candidate, an affiliate...what ever it is

If it is censorship, then it applies to all.

If all say they have a right to state what they want to state, where to state, when to state then it goes full circle. All have that right.

If monitors (moderators) feel that they themselves have the right to close, stop, or end a thread because they do no personally agree with what is being said, then all should have that same freedom.

But that is not what a forum is about.

What this forum is intended to be is a collection of people representing various interests in domaining.

Those interests vary from person to person and country to country. That is what diversity is all about.

I am all about diversity. But some are not.

A great mentality on this forum is if you don't think like me, act like me, or buy like me then you don't belong. That is the mentality of ignorance and it shows on a daily basis.

If you do not want to read about .mobi, then don't.

If you do not want to read about the conspiracy theories behing 9/11..then don't.

If you don't want to read what certain members have to say, the exercise your right to use the ignor button.

Perhaps the adminsitration has to look no futher than their own moderators for finding areas of concern and improvements necessary to make this a forum...and exchange of ideas and opinions.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am at the traffic conference and know nothing about this.

I will look into it.

I personally do not feel the need for censorship but I also don't know the issue.

-=DCG=-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am at the traffic conference and know nothing about this.

I will look into it.

I personally do not feel the need for censorship but I also don't know the issue.

-=DCG=-
PM had been sent earlier.

For the moment, I will refrain from adding further comments until you have that opportunity to review and discuss.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM had been sent earlier.

For the moment, I will refrain from adding further comments until you have that opportunity to review and discuss.

No problem, I haven't logged in all day, I will get an update and we can go from there.

Best wishes,

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think there is an inherent 64kb limit when posting through Internet Explorer forms. This is not vBulletin related.

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edited

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would prefer this to be handled professionally.

It appears it will be with -=DCG=- awareness.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some one please explain to me how this post was seen and the 159 thread post with one simple question was not? A question posted in 2 areas of the forum a that.

The explanation is that there is no explanation...you do realize Adam is just one person and has been at the TRAFFIC show all day right? Geeeez :uhoh:

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam to bring you quickly up to speed some members want to know why .mobi which is not a cctld is listed in a cctld section?

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edited

polskyman

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain << Removed. Please Upgrade >> to sell but I can not understand how create a thread.
please add me on msn : << JUST UPGRADE, NO EXPLAINATION REQUIRED :rolleyes: >> and explain me how to do thank you all

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think Gold Members can create sales threads. I think you would have to upgrade your membership first.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam to bring you quickly up to speed some members want to know why .mobi which is not a cctld is listed in a cctld section?
Thank you, but that absolutely is not the subject of this post. Indirectly, it is part of my point.

But this is an entirely different and seperate matter.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who cares what section it's in? geez...too much time huh

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are of the rare breed who waives both the ignorance and arrogance flags at the same time. That is just a step above chewing gum and walking. I'm very proud of you for progressing. Maybe soon you will evolve into a nice boy who can comprehend and reply smartly to intelligently written debate.
...waiting for .mobi to get type-in traffic (just to complete your sentence) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom