Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Certified offer through NetSol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you have received offers this way.

I would be greatful to learn your experience with certified offers from network solutions...

Acouple things I would be interested in is where your negotiation started and where it ended up...what the process was like...speed in getting the transaction completed.

I do not need to know your name you sold through this, but to let you know my name is a 5 letter, highly brandable name...with some traffic about 500 uniques a month.

Do you think I should wait a few days to reply?

I am believing I have an enduser as most domainers would not use NetSol...do you believe I am assuming correctly?

Advice and info is appreciated. Thanks.

Ok. I have just checked and a company has regged all other extensions of the name... as I have the .com...I am guessing it is this company that wants my name...They seem to be a medium size international media company.

The offer came out at $500. Any thoughts on a counter?

Domain Days 2024

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they just cost themselves $1000's of dollars by registering the other extensions. I would set my asking accordingly.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I may be crazy but I rejected a mid xxxx offer for my name.

I will keep you all updated....but please let me know if you have experience with the netsol cert bid process. Thanks!

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you get a solid offer, strongly consider taking it.

Protracting the process sometimes backfires!

Good luck.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They made the mid xxxx offer? or is this a new one. If they are going to promote the .net who knows what you can make parked, but if they jumped from xxx to mid xxxx i suppose its worth more to them. I wouldnt push it too hard imo sounds like a good offer.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At 500 uniques a month, unless it is a strong 5 letter keyword I would have sold for mid x,xxx. :/

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is the deal...I get the netsol certified offer for $500 and do some research...I find out that a company has regged all other extentions of my 5 letter .com name. The company is a media company with offices all over the US and in London, Brussels, and Tokyo. To say this company has deep pockets is an understatement.

I send back a counter offer for low xx,xxx.

I get a quick response (I'm guessing automated from NetSol because it was so quick) with an offer just under mid xxxx (a pretty solid offer). The only problem was that with this second offer, it was a take it or leave it type of an offer...there was no other opportunity for me to counter.

I am believing NetSol sets this service up this way where the interested enduser can submit an opening offer and then authorize a max amount for NetSol to counter if the counter offer is not with in the specified range of the opening offer and the max amount.

I struggled with what to do and decided to reject the mid xxxx offer.

I may have made a mistake in that I have not heard back as of this writing...on the other hand...this is a pretty good name and I believe perfect for their business. This is a name I plan to develop so I am not that upset, but I sure would like to get the xx,xxx I countered with. I am now waiting to see if they come back with a higher offer....on the other hand if they go with the .net...I will be equally happy.

Do you all think I screwed this up? Or made the right call.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, if you know who they are you can always approach them later on.
A good general rule of thumb however is to not get too greedy...

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, if you know who they are you can always approach them later on.
A good general rule of thumb however is to not get too greedy...

I know what you mean with pricing and being greedy, but when you have a qualified enduser wanting your name and the offer they give is a high end reseller offer (pretty fair, but not quite where a perfect enduser would be)...I pushed the envelope a little....took a gamble.

Sometimes it is hard to view your own actions correctly though so I do appreciate all opinions on this.

Do most of you think I was being greedy? or negotiating the best and fair price knowing my enduser.

This is a field were I am learning more everyday and with negotions such as this...feedback from the top domainers in the field is vital. I thank you for your opinions and advice.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NSI has improved the service. They fedexed my $25K check on my last transaction. Fairly fast transaction.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info fearless...was 25K the 1st offer or was there the ability to go back and forth more than one round of negotiation past the initial offer and counter offer....

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info fearless...was 25K the 1st offer or was there the ability to go back and forth more than one round of negotiation past the initial offer and counter offer....

They offered $17K. Which told me they were expecting me to counter at the max.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I once dealt with a much bigger company and I settled at $5k for a 6 letter .com regged in 1999 receiving 2K a month at risk of being too greedy. Though I probably could have done much much better but this media company was already established and are only keeping the name in their portfolio so could have walked away easily. Also keep in mind that chances are this company you're dealing with can possibly get a much nicer price range from other willing domainers.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you are handling this negotiation fine for these reasons:

- the company has regged all other extentions of your 5 letter .com name.
- the company is a media company with offices all over
- you got a quick response from your counter that was much higher than their initial offer
- you think it's a pretty good name and perfect for their business.
- you plan to develop the name anyway
- if they go with the .net...you will be equally happy.

I have a feeling you are only in round 1 of negotiation. The mid x,xxx offer was probably what they were willing to go up to without a haggle. Now you have given them a counter to think about.

If they are a good media company they will not go with a .net, they should know better.

I am betting this sale will go through close to your higher counter offer. They probably pay more in office space rent in one month than low xx,xxx so to own the perfect name for their company forever for that price should be a no-brainer.

Many mid to large companies are flush with earnings from the past year, so while low xx,xxx might seem like a lot, relatively speaking it is peanuts in the business world where hundred million and billion dollar deals are done almost daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom