Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Change Your Ebay Password Asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Totally outraged over this. Hundreds of millions of people exposed and they just now fess up.

Where is the outrage over their breach of security and their lack of promptness in notifying people.

The Target breach is a pittance of a breach compared to the size and magnitude of this company.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I know right? The 'alert' is like a freaking Press Release!

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The number of companies that we give personal information to is going up and breaches like this are becoming more commonplace. It's a shame more emphasis isn't placed on tightening up security.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a shame more emphasis isn't placed on tightening up security.

Because the emphasis is placed on fatten up pockets.... I wonder how many of these "security breaches" are a result of outsourcing IT, Customer Service, etc....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's not so much the CC info that is valuable these days. There is protection from such charges. Four years ago my card got skimmed in Vegas, but eventually all charges were reversed.
What is more important to these bastards is the personal info garnered, they resell it to a unscrupulous merchants.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is more important to these bastards is the personal info garnered, they resell it to a unscrupulous merchants.
My number was posted on a Russian site. People actually post the card, balance, etc and customers actually buy access to the card.

It was an AmEx card, no balance limit. Nearly 3K run up in a few minutes (about 12 minutes). All merchandise purchased was downloadable software to quickly put up email addresses...untraceable of course...like gmail, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom