Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Changes at DomainTools.com ??? Good or Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any one else getting this message?
Hey, power user!

We're glad you enjoy using DomainTools, and we want to continue to be a great resource for your Whois research.

Our systems have detected an unusually high amount of activity from your account. If you believe you are accessing our site in compliance with our terms of service, you may contact us to resolve the issue.

We also offer bulk access to virtually all the data on our site through our API.

(Code AC535)

Contact us at DomainTools Support.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would look at the headers of the E-mail to make sure it's not a phishing attack.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would look at the headers of the E-mail to make sure it's not a phishing attack.

It's not from an email... it's from their site. It first appeared about 2 days ago while doing a random manual whois look-up.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right, you must have made too many searches and they must be thinking you were using a bot to scrape data.
Perhaps your IP address is shared with other persons or it was previously allocated to somebody who in their view was abusing the system.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
On another note, what happened to the Like button? :D

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
On another note, what happened to the Like button? :D

Perhaps it's from an unusually high amount of activity from your account.

DomainTools

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi There,

We recently made a few changes to our policy for free Whois lookups on DomainTools.com.

We now ask people to sign up or log in after fewer lookups than we did in the past. If you have an account with us, make sure you sign in to get complete access.

We also significantly lowered the number of Whois records you can access for free on our site. We can't disclose the specific limits, but they are relatively high. That's likely the cause of this message.

Paid DomainTools members can still access the same number of Whois records they have always been able to. Very few people ever hit that upper limit, but again, for security reasons, we can't disclose the specific number.

One problem, though, is this error message fails to communicate clearly that you'll get more access if you buy a paid membership. We'll get that fixed soon.

As for the Like button, we'll need some more details to know what's going on there. You can reach us directly at [email protected] if you'd like additional details or additional assistance.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The last time I signed up and paid I remember it was quite high, so much that I cancelled... Any deal on rates for DNF members?

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea this happened to me a few times. I wasn't logged in and just going through the drop lists there.

I surf pretty fast so I must have tripped some kind of threshold.

Its kind of annoying. Never seen this happen when I was logged in though.

Skinny

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right, you must have made too many searches and they must be thinking you were using a bot to scrape data.
Perhaps your IP address is shared with other persons or it was previously allocated to somebody who in their view was abusing the system.

Let me see if I understand this correctly:

The bot that illegally scrapes webpages and WHOIS data and then resells that data is upset that their client might be using a bot to scrape their data???

Seriously??

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not gonna signup Domain Tools.

Like the website, like the service, but aint gonna give away crap for common usage my registrar already gives away,.... done, unless you revert.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to have a subscription with them during their initial fee schedule. The second they switched to the over-priced new one, I cancelled my subscription. I used them primarily for whois history when purchasing more expensive domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom