Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Changes needed to contact information on parked domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am posting her a copy of the contention made in a recent DRS and my email to Name Drive. I hope that ND can make the changes or will have no choice left but to give up parking as not going to lose domains for the small commissions from ND anymore;

DRS contention by complainant:

If you click "Contact the owner of this domain" in the top of that page, you are re-directed to a NameDrive page that invites inquiries "about the domain BB3336BBBB_co_uk" This is an invitation to sell the domain.

My email to ND

I wish to point out a problem with the setting on parking as to whether
one wishes to sell or not sell the domain name we are parking. There are 3 choices. "No" ,"Yes" or "Contact" .The last 2 I believe bring up the same form whereas "no" obviously has nothing.

It is being used against me that I was attempting to sell the domain when I was using "contact" option. In fact looking at it it could be much better worded by ND if you used "Contact" the website owner" (rather than "domain" ) and on the form that you simply put the same or something like
"Send your enquiry to website owner" . Please let me know as this now is a problem for me.

anyone got any comments or suggestions ?

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh well, I see, no reply from ND either to the email I sent or this. Time to change parking company I think as all customer service is gone now.

DG

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Domaingenius,
Please accept our sincere apologies for your not getting a reply to your mail, I'd be very interested to know how that came about!
We always appreciate feedback from our clients to make our service a better one for our clients and ourselves. So thanks for letting us know your thoughts, we have initiated some necessary changes and with the next update all of our clients will see further improvements to the for sale URL.
I've sent you a PM with some more information on how I can be of further assistance,
Craig

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Domaingenius,
Please accept our sincere apologies for your not getting a reply to your mail, I'd be very interested to know how that came about!
We always appreciate feedback from our clients to make our service a better one for our clients and ourselves. So thanks for letting us know your thoughts, we have initiated some necessary changes and with the next update all of our clients will see further improvements to the for sale URL.
I've sent you a PM with some more information on how I can be of further assistance,
Craig

Craig

As I say .someone in a DRS has contended that the form brought up by the "contact" choice that we get signifies an offer to sell. Whilst I do not agree with them (for obvious reasons) the form is not exactly clear. "Contact" should say something like "To contact the website owner" or similar, not "Inquire about the domain xyz_com" as currently.The more I see of parking companies the more I see domain owners risking their domains for what nowadays is a pittance I am afraid to say. As well, I see that Symantec has said that a "Large parking company's" OPEN redirects have been abused for a long while and tens of thousands of domains have been blacklisted and god knows how revenue is effected as well. Not a pretty picture im sorry to say.

DG

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi DomainGenius,

Tthanks to your feedback we have made a slight change. The contact options will now be as follows

N = no for Link on the landing page at all
Contact = just contact the owner. The text on the page is NOT mediating that the Domain is for sale (has legal reasons e.g in germany) - This text will now be changed to 'Contact owner of [domainname]'

Yes(not listed on NDX) = you can send an offer ... text shows this Domain is for sale.
Yes(listed on NDX) = you come too the public offer screens and can directly place an offer.

I hope this makes the form a bit clearer than previously.

Craig

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for posting the link, we had seen it. And do not feel that this relates to NameDrive, we also have new products and features lined up and have had a few very promising changes as of late.

Regarding your own account, please either email or PM me your account email address and I can take a look, and hopefully improve the situation there where needed.

Thanks again,

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom