Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Chaos about preregistering eu domain names

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemlouis

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every registrar is preregistering .eu domains. I am wondering which one will be able to register eu domains on 7th April? I mean if the eurid(main eu registry) get for ex: 1000 request for a name which one will they choose? Which applicant will be the winner?

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the first to arrive inside the Eurid database

cemlouis

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
the first to arrive inside the Eurid database

sure, but which one? which registrar's database?

Giembo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering about it everyday!

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are none left they have all been taken at sunrise / tm application - amazing that all those generic names have some form of reserve on them.

I believe it may be possible to register a four letter domain that has hyphens, The-best-name-available.eu , but not too sure about that!

Giembo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i tried with translations.eu but somebody got it during sunrise

cemlouis

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Giembo said:
I'm wondering about it everyday!

Thank you, this is the thing that I want to mention. I am sure as my name some not legal things will play in 7th April.

Big fish eats the small one but some fisherman has to kill the big fish before all the fishes gone from the place!!!

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
people, you are confused sorry to say that.....

You can be the first one to register your name with hundreds of registrars but that does NOT matter. You will probably JUST increase your chances.

Whar really matters is that youir registrar will be the first one to forward your application to Eurid.

Another thing you are confused is that Eurid is not a registrar.

Eurid is the organization which handle the registry of .eu DNS

Giembo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cemlouis said:
Thank you, this is the thing that I want to mention. I am sure as my name some not legal things will play in 7th April.

Big fish eats the small one but some fisherman has to kill the big fish before all the fishes gone from the place!!!

personally i trust eurid..because it is a supranational organisation entrusted by the European Union...but......why different registrars are offering pre-registration at very different prices?
for instance: lots of registrars in italy (authorised bu EURID) are offering the pre-registration@ 2 euros..while pool.com offers it for 60€ claiming that 80% of their orders are successful..

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Giembo said:
personally i trust eurid..because it is a supranational organisation entrusted by the European Union...but......why different registrars are offering pre-registration at very different prices?
for instance: lots of registrars in italy (authorised bu EURID) are offering the pre-registration@ 2 euros..while pool.com offers it for 60€ claiming that 80% of their orders are successful..

oh you are from Italy, cool, I am from Rome but left that Country a year ago because I could not handle that shit anymore. Politics and the system I mean.
Anyway.....Pool ask 60 euros confident their services worth that price , I agree with that but the thing I don`t like about Pool is that you have to go under an auction after that and you don`t know how much is going to cost you.

Giembo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
oh you are from Italy, cool, I am from Rome but left that Country a year ago because I could not handle that shit anymore. Politics and the system I mean.
Anyway.....Pool ask 60 euros confident their services worth that price , I agree with that but the thing I don`t like about Pool is that you have to go under an auction after that and you don`t know how much is going to cost you.

hi man...i agree with the shit which is goin on in our country...me im not in italy either...but UK which seems to work better better as a social model..hehe

yes pool definately too expensive...even if u consider that .eu could face years of really low value because of the speculations and lots of good names already taken during sunrise period...

...to be honest i think that the more the .eu names will be developed the more the ungrabbed domain will acquire value....that would be a shame if a trademark rights owner who got the domain during sunrise left it not developed...

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For everyone that still things that all names are gone in sunrise1 or sunrise2 I can only say that we got at EuroDNS yesterday more applications for .eu landrush then the 4 month ago.

I know already some project that are under development like livechat.eu, I am sure we will see a lot in few month.

Freddy

ukdn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just pre-reg'd myself a kick ass name :D cant believe it wasnt taken...

can't wait .. LONG LIVE THE .EU :d

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom