Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

charge back possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently sold a domain he is new and unknown person ..his acts were very suspectable.... so i asked him for paypal masspay.....he first said only normal payment then agreed he did masspay i pushed the domain...can he chargeback...how can i protect myself

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid it's a tad late. Even if he does masspay, this could be a hijacked paypal account. Why not ask for a phone number and call ?

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he is not online anymore.......still now......there is no problem.......what is the possible problem........how would i know he really paid or was something fishy ? can i get the domain back if he does something fishy

iam sure he is up to something really fish as he changed the whois of the domain into mine again......... hm.... can some one say what he is up to what i can do about it

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More than likely if he is doing something fishy its probably a stolen paypal account. Not sure how you would get the name back. Good luck

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you can find a phone number for the paypal account holder and ask if the payment was authorized ?

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how to find the number ...but still now there isnt a problem do u think i will get a problem after this

thanks for ur help guys

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently sold a domain he is new and unknown person ..his acts were very suspectable.... so i asked him for paypal masspay.....he first said only normal payment then agreed he did masspay i pushed the domain...can he chargeback...how can i protect myself

is the person a member here ? what was the amount involved , if it was less masspay is fine , but if more should have used any escrow service.

Regarding your ques. if paypal acount was compromised , funds would be reversed regardless of any amount of proof you show. Usually with any paypal payment you would get an associated address , if it has phone no. well & good , else use that address & email info to search for the person . Mostly one is able to get some contact info.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You cannot protect yourself though Paypal since Paypal will do almost nothing (well, almost if you're lucky) - even with masspay. The best way to protect yourself is though an established Escrow service like Escrow.com, Sedo, or even Moniker's escrow service. If they're serious about the domain, they may not mind paying the extra $25 fee (or just jack $25 onto the price and don't tell them the fee).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom