Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Charity domains being sold :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
barnados.org.uk , just sold on sedo and checked its bought by barnardos... i am surprized they didn't complain to nominet! The seller should truely be ashamed of himself for selling that name. (its a typo of http://www.barnardos.org.uk/)

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This guy has NO conscience!! He basically taken the money that would otherwise have gone to a charity cause (i hope!)

I think its a shame that sedo actually agreed to this sell! Also i don't see why nominet doesn't put a lock on org.uk , after all org = organization, they should limit it to organizations ONLY, not public!

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo shouldn't be involved with making such judgements...

If the charity challenges the registration, the buyer will likely lose the domain (ie. due to passing off) - there's no need for Sedo nor any other broker to concern themselves with that... leave it to the market place and legal system to straighten things out - but hey that's just my opinion, since Sedo certainly has the right to restrict the domains they will list/broker.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom