Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Charity Parking Page - request 0c CPC please

Status
Not open for further replies.

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK here's an idea... can ND create a standard parking page that is full of charitible ads from which we (and you) would make no money from clicks.

Now I know this sounds crazy but I've lost a couple of domains in the past due to being busted for bad faith - ie profitting from someone elses 'brand' by making money on ppc for parked pages. If I had no ads I would have had a fighting chance of defending them esp if I had a bonafide development plan which was in accordance with all the regs.

So with any names that might fall into this category, the natural advice would be not to park them before you develop them to avoid being accused of using another entity's reputation for commercial gain. But surely a better option would be to park them with charitable ads for no income - saves wasting a perfectly good domain name and traffic and will help good causes??

If you do take this up, I'll pledge 30 domains for starters and request a choice of one of the standard charities!

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google (usually) dislikes the idea of publishers or aggregators giving ad revenue to charities, because it could create a situation where the charity, or whoever wishes them well, would have an incentive to click on the ads.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the query netfleet. A tough one. In the wake of the Find Madeleine and Virginia Tech campaigns, charity domains and their earnings have been under the spotlight. The issue is as typist says that people could be encouraged to Click For Charity. I would be very happy to pay out any earnings on specific domains to charity, but that's about the best we can offer, I'm afraid.

Ed

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys but you misunderstand me (sorry I obviously didn't explain it properly!)

There are no PPC ads at all. Simply a page full of banners/ads with direct links through to homepages of charities. No money changing hands whatsoever and, frankly, nothing to do with Google (after all you only use google to aggregate the advertisers). ND would just create a parking page, in the same style as your others but with direct links through.

So there's no chance of abuse, all we would be directing is traffic and for no charge.

Sorry do I make sense this time?

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That will not help you anyway, you need to prove it can be used, for other things other then what the TM is for. And you can not prove that, unless you know what else it can be used for.

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tas38 - agreed, it won't help but it won't hurt either. All I am saying is that it's better (for good causes) than having a page that doesn't resolve or resolves to a page with no ads saying coming soon.

Surely everybody here has a few pages that don't resolve to pages with ads on? Maybe don't resolve to anything? While you put together a plan for development.

At the end of the day if you are challenged, you'd need to come up with a plausible plan for development and a bunch of other arguments but the current state of the page would only count against you if it had commercial ads on it.

And alienGG - thanks but I don't understand your comment?

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The rules say you can reg a domain for 2 years, with out using it so just letting it parked should not hurt at all.

I do under stand, that it may seem like leaving it parked could hurt your case. But that can not be the case at all, as long at you are not making money, off the parking page it should not matter at all.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi netfleet,

This is a really tricky one. I can understand where you're coming from. Looking at it from our perspective, it doesn't seem that a parking company is really the best place to come for a non-earning page. I suppose the search box page is pretty 'neutral'. With so much going on in the tech office, I doubt very much I'd be able to push anything through which is designed with the express intention of making no money.
Sorry I can't really help any further.

Ed

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The rules say you can reg a domain for 2 years, with out using it so just letting it parked should not hurt at all.

I do under stand, that it may seem like leaving it parked could hurt your case. But that can not be the case at all, as long at you are not making money, off the parking page it should not matter at all.

It's not about whether you make money off it or not. It's about putting competitors' ads on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom