Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Cheap domains, Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianai

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see domains being sold for a very small F$ amount on F$ auctions. I'm trying to understand why would someone sell a domain for F$100 ($0.50) or a similar price. Most of these are not even expiring soon.

yuming

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe those sellers need cash,maybe those domain names are not nice.

ianai

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domains are nothing special, but are not crap (e.g. GreyMarketing.Info is on auction now with F$50 as a starting bid). If a domain costs $7 (F$1400) to register, I don't see why one would sell it for ten times less money.

If they need money there is the "Post for F$", they can make F$100 in a few minutes.

Sorry, I still don't get it...

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK. you have a crap domain which will expire after 6 months. and in the past 6 months it got zero traffic. So even if u keep the domain till the last moment and sell if for 0.5 dollar, ur total income from the domain will be 0.5 dollar. If u sell it now there is a small chance that u will get .60 dollar because the name still has 6 months to expire is it might be that if u sell if later just before the expiration, u will get nothing
hope this explains

ianai

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. Thanks.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, as Simon pointed out, bad domain names are better got rid off asap before they prove to be a real waste to owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom