Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Cheapest retail account

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interested to know who offers the cheapest retail account with enom. So far the cheapest have come accross is $8.14.
Can anyone beat that?"

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no one will make you a retail account below 8.14 cause once u pay with credit card the etp account will get 6.9458 $ per domain.

even the 8.14 makes no sense..

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i currently have an 8.14 account.
don't know how that works?

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well the account above you just doesnt make any profit - not a smart business concept. deducting the fees from the 8.14 he gets rounded 6.95 which should be his cost.

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well ask the guy in the thread below ours truintergration.
u might be right. i don't know how it works.
i just see the prices.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mostly this approach is to gather customer and then raise renewals or transfer the following years. The $8.14 is no profit at all on the first registration of domain name because this is the exact price of overhead after credit card processing, etc.

So be careful what you ask for cheapest domain name registration, you might have a problem on your renewals or transfer of your valuable domain names.

Regards,
tw

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can beat it. I have for sale one $6.95 _RETAIL_ account. It is worth quite a bit though, as you don't need to pay the 3% fee for a credit card refill (which brings a $6.95 account's price to about $7.15!).

Yes, I didn't used to think $6.95 retail existed. I was wrong :).

A regular $6.95 account is worth about $325-$375 these days, occasionally more (even seen $475 once). I am looking for $600. If you do a lot of registrations, and you dont like paying by cheque, that $0.20 will really add up!

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that eNom retail accounts at $8.14 do not make business sense. Even though it is possible, one can't help wondering about the viability of the endeavor in the long run. Also, consider the variable of "customer support". If I were to make zero profit and support the $8.14 retail product, I would be working pro bono, in effect.

If you are interested in a well-supported $8.45 eNom retail account, just pm me or email me at:
[email protected]

Cheers!

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks. i will have to check the transfer fees and co. Can someone charge what they like for it then.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's is another persepctive to this..
"retail" usually entails use of a credit card and credit card transactions aren't free. In other words, the merchant (seller) almost always has to pay a fee to the credit card company or 3rd party cc processor. Credit card processing fees vary and thus resellers seem to charge "what they like" as you state above. But it's almost always a factor of their cost + the processing fee they get charged.

Also, it follows that the lower the profit margin (after the cc processing fee is taken out), the higher the setup or finder's (up front) fee.

I hope this helps a little.

---------------------------------
PS If anyone is interested I can offer a fully qualified eNom retail account (fully featured with shopping cart, bulk management, email forwarding, subdomains, and even free 10- page website)entitled to $7.50 PayPal-balance (no cc) registration via PayPal "buy now" button. Credit card price will be built at $8.45 in case paying through your Paypal balance becomes inconvenient at any time in the future. No setup fee of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom