Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Check out this scam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I must admit, this guy is bright...

I was browsing the net, and found a job offer for an online reviewer. This guy says he is looking for people to review other websites so he can use those reviews in some site of his. He offers a huge amount of money for the reviews, so I sent him an email requesting more information. Ok, 2 weeks later, (I guess he must of got his mailbox full of interested people, BTW, the email address is a yahoo one) he responds, and asks me to visit this site, and do a review of the first 3 sites that will show up for the keyword "frelancers". The site I should go to is www.markethire.com

Well, the only place I could find to do a search is that Google bar, I searched, and the first 3 results are sponsor ones! So, If I were a newbie, I would click on them, and start making my reviews, giving the owner of the site revenue for 3 clicks.

So.... what do you think about this? I think this guy is just BS, he will receive my review, ask me to do another one for another keyword, and then just say "sorry, you did not meet our standards". If he does this to, lets say, 500 people, imagine hoy many clicks he will be getting!

Amazing, he is a lousy scammer, but it is a very intelligent idea.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If what you say is true, G will ban them for high CTR sooner or later.

illphil

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As pathetic as it is, the guy is bright. His tactics are efficient and he is getting the hits he needs. Yes he may be a dirtbag however he is generating a large crowd to the sites etc... Whether or not it is a scam, the guy behind it is clever and we know his sites are definitely getting large numbers of views from numerous groups of people.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Won't work if all the visitors are searching like that. The CTR will be way too high.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, simple solution to that, go buy yourself some traffic... you can get something like 5,000 visitors for 20 bucks at ebay... so, your CTR drops to the floor, no problems there...
:cheeky:

Geez... this seems like a perfect crime! Maybe I should be doing something like this, lol!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
Geez... this seems like a perfect crime! Maybe I should be doing something like this, lol!
It's completely ridiculous.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but its a darn good idea...

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
Ok, simple solution to that, go buy yourself some traffic... you can get something like 5,000 visitors for 20 bucks at ebay... so, your CTR drops to the floor, no problems there...
:cheeky:

Yes, if he balances it out against purchased traffic it could work very nicely!
Great scheme, I wish I'd thought of it myself! :-D

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Except for the fact you are ripping honest advertisers off

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
Except for the fact you are ripping honest advertisers off

Exactly!

I advertise with google and this is one of the reasons I wont have my ads appear on sites.
Google will definitely figure this out either from a complaint from someone who is "reviewing" the sites or from and advertiser who learns of the scam.

Overall this may benefit this guy short term but long term it is a bad idea and hurts the industry.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, one rule I follow: If you ever do something bad, one day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day for sure, you will get caught.

I get a nice check from Google every month that helps me cover hosting for all my sites and I still have some $ left for a nice drink. Why risk it?

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr.Domains said:
Yes, if he balances it out against purchased traffic it could work very nicely!
Great scheme, I wish I'd thought of it myself! :-D

Advertisers, along with Google, Overture, and their competitors are the golden goose that make PPC a profitable business. Every honest person in the business should condemn and rat on cheaters. Anyone stupid enough to try to cheat the golden goose is the enemy of all honest people in the business. This appears to be a disgusting scheme.

The bottom line is that advertisers will be paying for worthless traffic. I provide advertisers with valuable traffic. If anyone is into cheating, then I hope they get caught and banned so that those of us that are honest can see the overall PPC business flourish, as it should.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well said - very good rule !

fryman04 said:
Yeah, one rule I follow: If you ever do something bad, one day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day for sure, you will get caught.

I get a nice check from Google every month that helps me cover hosting for all my sites and I still have some $ left for a nice drink. Why risk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom