Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Check your PMs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Come on guys, how hard is it to check/reply to PMs? If you wish not to receive PMs there is always an option for that. For future reference, if you are a buyer that doesnt check your PMs when it regards payment, please do not even bother posting sold or inquiring about my domain name. Its somewhat like not answering the phone in the middle of a business deal...very unprofessional.

If needed, I will provide a free tutorial on how to click the "Private Messages" link in the upper right hand corner of the site..You may notice it because its YELLOW when there are new PMs..really hard to miss.

Domain Days 2024

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happens all the time....I usually just take it as the person is not interested. It is annoying though.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im talking about people that know that they are supposed to be paying soon and just ignore my PMs..its ridiculous..this is why I have started giving people a week after the deal is struck..after that its negative TR.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice ref for Mocus.
Thx, Justin

DNP

3ammary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
may be this cuz not of alert message in the forum

just the flash of the letter is the indicator of pm

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The epidemic of buyers making deals, not checking their PMs, and backing out on the deal and not sending payment will be what ruins this industry..

It happened yet again tonight....im throwing in the towel.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i dono, never happens to me, coz am not pm'ing much , i suppose..

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dont care about the occasional deadbeat buyer. I'll just leave neg feedback for them and call it a day..but when its a 4 or 5 figure deal...this cannot go unnoticed.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are these new members or established members? I tend to think that the flood of new members in last 6 months has dropped the overall level of professionalism here. I wish they would start charging some higher minimum fee to be here. It would raise the standards.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
if its a 4-5 figure deal, you have to entertain us in legal section ;)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really hate to jump to conclusions, but when you make a deal yesterday afternoon and then havent returned my PMs since 7pm (28 hours). Last PM to me was that they needed my paypal address..the deal required hours of work and actual money out of pocket for me...how hard is it to drop me a PM or an email and let me know?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's the weekend. Not everyone does this 24/7. I would give it another day at least.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are not being very patient, domain sales take patience and understanding..a good reference for some recent deadbeat sellers. Sometimes when you expect the worst and overreact and start sending more emails then your fears turn into reality with a failed deal because you might come across as too pushy or desperate to sell the domain(s) and spook or discourage the buyer, it's a tricky balance you must strike and not everyone has payment just ready to go, sometimes there is more involved than meets the eye and professional domainers that say "SOLD" or post "DEAL" or agree to one usually are'nt in a huge rush to send back a PM every 5 minutes because we don't expect the other person to be freaking out like a maniac. Just my input from many years of experience doing this...and in fact, the only time I EVER had anyone back out of buying OR selling a domain to me was just very recently with a domain I wanted to buy which was O-T.com, as far as lack of patience goes, and lack of honor, this is a prime example. If in-doubt it never hurts to pick up the phone for a little friendly chat and verbal handshake if you get the feeling a deal is going sour. Good luck! ;)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks...coming from a guy that was recently banned. ;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol! That actually was funny Rocky considering the fact that it had nothing to do with any deals, but rather my poor choice in inappropriate picture links which was my mistake fully and GD's was 100% right about for the record..just please see my donut from Pred if you have any further questions! ;)

In closing, sales takes patience!
And if everyone is really backing out then maybe that says something about what's being offered for sale, OR the lack of real penalty for doing so here on DNF, we USED to have a "members not to deal with" section for those guys...keyword "USED TO" I am sure the mod's are tired of hearing about deals that go bad, I know I am..and who wants to leave negative TR when it will just get left back for you in retaliation? This issue needs fixing imo..any ideas?

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom