Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

choose between virtual private servers, dedicated servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco85

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for an affordable solution between $20-$30/month for a VPS or dedicated server.

What I'm looking for
I need to run an application on a server with high bandwidth and I must have the possibility to manage the server on my own: I need to install/uninstall whatever I like, and to reboot the machine if I need to. The OS must be Windows.

Where can I find something suitable to me? Thank you very much.

Domain Days 2024

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wont find a dedicated for that range, they tend to go for more. Not sure you'll find any good VPS at that range either, but I'd suggest servint at $50

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are there any VPS solutions for Windows BTW ?

You can get VPS packages for $20-30, for a dedicated machine $100 and up...

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a Virtuozzo VPS solution for Windows.

In general, Windows hosting tends to be pricier as the provider has the additional cost for the OS to pass along. Therefore, I doubt you will find decent VPS hosting for $20-30 per month. A VPS will give you a lot of freedom to do what you wish with your allocated resources, but it will still have limitations. You can find some pros and cons of VPS technology here.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are the Virtual Dedicated servers that Godaddy offers? Not saying they are good but they may be in your range.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you might find something at atjeu.com

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For $20 or $30 a month you are better off with a dreamhost or servage account. Both are very cheap and work well to place a buttload of sites. There are some servage coupons out there for $6 per month and you get 600GB transfer and 75Gb space. With dreamhost there are coupons for $75 off the year...I just got a 14 month account for $25! I get 1000GB transfer and 20GB space. I find between the two I can meet some of my needs. However I do also have 2 colo servers but those cost me $125 each per month.

I don't think you will find reliable dedicated or even good VPS for under $30 per month. However my scenario will get you 2 hosts with lots of space and bandwidth for about $10 per month. You can't beat that.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are the Virtual Dedicated servers that Godaddy offers? Not saying they are good but they may be in your range.

I would shell out an extra 10-15$ per month an go with one of these. I used a virtual dedicated from them in the past, and was very pleased with the results. I then upgraded to full dedicated, which is costly but well worth it for running high powered websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom