Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

church tv show / website

Status
Not open for further replies.

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DOMAIN AND TV SHOW TITLES REMOVED AS PER INSTRUCTIONS IN THREAD RULES

I having been "domaining" for years now, and it is my fulltime job. HOWEVER, I also work with my church and produce the radio and TV show we have called "***** *** *****". Several years ago, we registered the domain *************.us, and we have been using that site for our TV/radio show here in Northern Florida. Today, I received a C&D letter today from a Seventh Day Adventist media department in California. They apparently also have a TV show called "***** *** *****" out in California. They own the domain *************.tv...and a trademark for the terms. We had never heard of the show before.

I am unsure of what step to take next. I have typically tried to stay away from obvious trademark infringements on my domains, so I really don't know where to go from here. The church has spent a LOT of time and money promoting our TV/radio show. We obviously can't just let the site go...or change the name. Do we have any rights since our show is based in Florida, and theirs in California?

thanks
//cliff

BTW...I have already contacted John Berryhill as well.

cyberlaw

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on the status of the other's churches trademark. Is it state or federal? Depending on the name of the show, you may also have an argument that the trademark is "generic," though that may be an uphill battle.

Check my profile for contact information if you want to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom