Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale CIRA campaign forum now open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Campaign forum for CIRA elections now open.

https://elections.cira.ca/2008/campaign/topics/en

CIRA Members can cast their Board of Directors Election votes from 6:00 pm (18:00h) EDT on September 18, 2008 to 6:00 pm (18:00h) EDT on September 25, 2008 through the CIRA Election website.

Domain Days 2024

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've opened a thread on the cira forum with regard to cybersquatting. That lawyer Eric m(something) made the comment that he had dealt with many clients who had (inadvertently)(yeah right) allowed their websites to lapse and then found them in the hands of.......

Gasp!!

Cybersquatters!!!!

It seems one category for all of us.:rolleyes:

I'm asking him to clarify his comment. I believe from other threads that this guy has an agenda in favour of strengthening the rules for Tm holders. As their current position is already fairly well taken care of this wouldn't help us any. He should be challenged assuming he does not clarify his intentions as otherwise.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well put...

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I contacted that lawyer about a trademark domain I owned a few years ago and he told me to give it to the trademark company otherwise I'll get suied, it will be ugly blah blah blah... I turned around, contacted the company and sold it for $5000 to them so what ever he says I couldn't care less. I'll still read it doh!

D.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've opened a thread on the cira forum with regard to cybersquatting. That lawyer Eric m(something) made the comment that he had dealt with many clients who had (inadvertently)(yeah right) allowed their websites to lapse and then found them in the hands of.......

Gasp!!

Cybersquatters!!!!

It seems one category for all of us.:rolleyes:

I'm asking him to clarify his comment. I believe from other threads that this guy has an agenda in favour of strengthening the rules for Tm holders. As their current position is already fairly well taken care of this wouldn't help us any. He should be challenged assuming he does not clarify his intentions as otherwise.

Eric Macramalla is the shining example of a lawyer who uses his position on the two existing service providers to expand the notion of what would benefit complainants. He tries to get clients by mentioning he is acting as a panel member at BCICAC and he has brought almost all his complaints there, rather than to the Ontario one.

Is it quid pro quo? Maybe and maybe not - but he has done great harm to the ideal of fairness and neutrality in the panels. Putting him on the board would be like putting the fox in the hen house.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Putting him on the board would be like putting the fox in the hen house.

Exactly. I don't know if any of you have served on boards but they tend to turn to the "knowledgeable" one when issues come up and listen to the advice. A skilled lawyer could easily manipulate that in favour of the
TM holders when discussing the cdrp procedure or amendments.

I'm not saying he would but I don't like the connection without a counterbalance.

My feeling is he should recuse himself from issues such as this; abastain from voting and publicly state that he will do this!

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have reason for pause even if he would possibly publicly state that he would do so because there is a file open with him for over two years and he has repeatedly not lived up to his commitments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom