Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale CIRA Election results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got an email with the election results and our horse in this race, Zak Muscovitch came up 24 votes short of being elected.

https://elections.cira.ca/2010/results/en

I would like to congratulate Zak on his campaign and his efforts to have the "domainer" community represented at the CIRA level.

As the ol' saying goes…We'll get 'em next time

Last edited:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More than a million domains, and less than 3000 votes cast. What does that tell us?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More than a million domains, and less than 3000 votes cast. What does that tell us?
That people ain't expecting much :)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when is the next election next year or in two years?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crap. Curious, are those who are in the running allowed to vote for themselves? Say they own multiple names with multiple registrant info, couldnt they theoredically pump their vote total?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who (oversee's) the voting...LOL sorry couldn't resist hahaha

who counts the votes?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find it disgusting that 137 votes wins it and as domainers we couldn't muster up more than that for Zak.

This tells me Cira's process stinks, you should get one vote per domain you own. Why should a guy with one domain have the same weight as a guy with 3000, doesn't seem right to me.

-=DCG=-

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crap. Curious, are those who are in the running allowed to vote for themselves? Say they own multiple names with multiple registrant info, couldnt they theoredically pump their vote total?
Good point, I remember of one registrar/reseller that would create a new cira profile for every new registration. You end up with multiple cira accounts.

This tells me Cira's process stinks, you should get one vote per domain you own. Why should a guy with one domain have the same weight as a guy with 3000, doesn't seem right to me.
Why favor the big portfolio holders ? One man, one vote :)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We should demand an audit and a full recount. ;)

Could be like Florida polling stations.

-=DCG=-

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't .ca (or any TLD) be treated as a public resource (within certain limits) ?
The problem is that each registrant is a stakeholder and we don't all have the same interests. Imagine a TLD run by domainers :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember that Adam ran for candidate a few years back. No longer interested Adam ?

Zak Muscovitch

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support that I did receive from everybody; it was really great to see just how many people did support me, even though it was not in the end, quite enough. We fell short by about 25 votes.....

AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO ADAM DICKER who went the extra mile and really made a special effort for me.

Anyhow, we got a lot of the issues out there so that was at least positive. Was a good experience running.

Zak

question

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Zak you deserve a big thanks for your efforts. You went to bat for all of us here..

Adam said it best - it's pretty sad when someone we all recognize will serve the interests of domain owners cannot get 137 votes.

This result is no reflection on Zak, but on us and is a reminder of how small our group really is.

Larry

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hard to see how those others were able to get all those votes.

Yea, I am wondering the same.

I don't see how someone could have rounded up more votes without a public face asking for votes.

-=DCG=-

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea, I am wondering the same.

I don't see how someone could have rounded up more votes without a public face asking for votes.

-=DCG=-

Yeah, I wonder about that. From what I have found and seen, there was a big push for Zak to be voted in and we have a loud voice. Where were these other votes coming from? I wasn't able to see any other public push unless a registrar asked their customers to vote for someone specifically.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how did the others manage to get more votes I wonder? we did a pretty strong push here, hard to see how those others were able to get all those votes.

Yes something smells rotten! Who is counting the votes?

I tried doing a google search for any publicly available information on the winners publicizing their efforts - and I can find next to squat - besides our own man that is. So just how did they round up those votes? :undecided:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom