Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale CIRA only accepts membership application forms by fax or post but not email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still can't believe what I was told. I was assisting in some CIRA membership applications, and was confirmed by a staff member of their Member Services that filled out and signed application forms can only be sent to them via either fax or postal mail.

I could understand they need to send THEIR confirmation by snail mail in order to confirm a postal address, but what's the point of insisting on RECEIVING OUR applications via FAX or POST?? What's the difference between esp. a faxed copy of the form vs. one scanned in PDF format and attached in an email??

Can someone enlighten me here?

Domain Days 2024

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it takes a little more effort to send a fax or post a letter from Canada than an email does.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thing is, I have stopped using a fax machine (not even a fax software or an online fax service) since like 5 years ago. I have no problem faxing once in a while, but for "mass production" like this, it's a pain in the as... back.

What really disturbs me is their "old school" mentality. Isn't CIRA in the Internet business?? Fax? Snail mail? OMG!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They must be stoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom