Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Cira rippof

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just paid to transfer 6 domains in "Expiry" mode from Sibername to Namespro
Now Sibername is telling my I have to pay for renewals with them first, I assume this is common now among registrars

So can I "cancel" the transfers with Namespro - then just do it at Sibername ($5 more per domain)

is this common for domains in "Expiry" or does it apply to any domain transfer regardless of the "status"

this whole $%$@#@ CIRA is givin me a headache,

~

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, once a domain is expired and in the suspension period, you have to renew it first before transferring.

This is different than the old ways, where you could transfer a domain between registrars during the 30 day suspension, and the cost of the transfer would add a year to the domain's registration.

On the plus side, it's now free to transfer a domain between registrars, if the domain hasn't expired yet.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I know Registrars who allow domains to be moved while in "redemption" mode. So it might be a condition by the Registrar and nothing to do with CIRA. Because if it is by CIRA, then NO domain could be moved while in "redemption". This might be a new condition the Registrars try to impose to recover the money they were forced to pay at renewal time by CIRA for that domain.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@HG thats incorrect, you are charged for registrar transfers even if it hasn't expired. Registrant transfers are free from within the registrar

@ian please read this topic http://www.dnforum.com/f510/ca-registrar-registrant-transfer-thread-441564.html if your domain is in Auto-Renew ask them to "Delete" the domains which will move them to redemption grace period where they can be transfered without them losing money on the transfer. You will have 30 days from the time they delete the domains to complete the transfer. I was told to report such issues to CIRA, so Ian in your case I would contact Namespro and tell them what is going on and they will most likely take it up with CIRA to get it resolved.

@DOTCA yes some registrars, sibername is the only one I've been made aware of, do refuse to issue authorization codes

If you need any help please just send me an PM

Best Regards,

Jason

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@DOTCA yes some registrars, sibername is the only one I've been made aware of, do refuse to issue authorization codes

Regarding auth codes and Sibername, I am not sure what the problems are that are being discussed. Sibername does not have to give you anything. The Auth codes are easily found
under your Manage Domains in your Account. Just click on the link that says Auth codes and there it is...I have done transfers during this epp transition phase with no problem "finding" my auth codes.

Also, make sure you UNLOCK your domain before trying to transfer..

i

Last edited:

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ilze you could be right, I'm not positive whether its the auth code or not being unlocked but we've had 3 customers so far coming from that registrar that were unable to get the domain to a proper state, auth code + unlocked, to do a transfer. I received the email that was sent to the customer stating they had to renew the domain as it was in auto-renew or they would delete it.

The customer should ask for them to delete it, but the word delete scares a lot of customers and I've only had 1 of the 3 go ahead and ask for a deletion the other two have just renewed it and transfered a non-autorenew domain in its place. CIRA is reviewing this process in the new year from what I've been told.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jay,
This is the way I see it...everything was done automatically for rar transfers before the new system. Now, registrants have to go in and dig around to get it all done. Sibername has an easy interface, and I transferred 8 domains this morning...first unlock..then copy and paste auth code, which is under the link" with the secret word". It could not have been easier.

Yes, it is all new and confusing, but after you have done it correctly once, it is a piece of cake.

Ilze

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree with QM. It was a little bit of a headache at first but once you realize how to do it at each registrar it is very easy.

I guess everyone is used to the registrar doing everything.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
right thats what I was being told by customers. So it looks like after its in auto-renew they stop you from getting the auth code. Ian if you want to transfer them simply send them a support ticket asking them to unlock, provide your authorization code and delete the domain so they are not charged for your renewal there. Then they are not out any money which is what they are protecting themselves from.

All the best,

Jay

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speaking of having to get involved and "hunting" for auth codes...I finally found the link at DomainsAtCost..not sure if it worked...but still waiting for auth codes in my mailbox.
Does anyone have any idea how long I will wait?

i

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I believe i got them the same day with domainsatcost. I transferred everything out from there.

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Registrants;

Please renew your domain names before they expire.

We will offer lower fees for the domains forgotten to be transferred out before the expiry;

We are forced to stop transfers because of its cost is not refunded by CIRA. Theefore we had no choice;

Happy Holidays;

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey mbulent,

Why can you not simply delete the domain from auto-renew which gives you the refund from the auto-renewal and then provide the customer with the information they require? Instead of forcing them to stay for renewal?

Happy Holidays

Jason

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jason;

There is the auto-renew period implemented. If we do that, we would by pass this .

Yes we can do that, but not everybody is transferring their domains to another registrar when it expires.

Also it shortens the domain life cycle to 30 days rather than 75 after expiry.

We will try to find a solution.

FYI, this case is not specific to us. All registrars will have to find their own solutions;

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best question is...Where is CIRA???? Hello ???? Anybody home???? this leadership is unreal. At anytime but geesh you have a new system causing problems everywhere and to both registrars and registrant .... STAND UP AND GET YOUR BUTTS ON THE FRONT LINE. I have no faith in this CIRA board.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom