Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

city.biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

what do you guys think about a domain like city.biz? I think about buying a domain of a city in which over 800 000 people live with .biz extension. The price is XX. Would you purchase is? Oder isn't it worth the money?

Maybe i'm gonna develop it in the future. Is biz okay for seo?

Would be glad to get some answers!

D

Domn

A domain like City'snameCITY.biz will not be my first priority if i would like to build a city directory or something similar

If you want to create a localized version it's important to know the city's insights.

If you're talking about just the name i'm sure you can find someone to sell it (or maybe not) but i don't think it will be a brilliant idea just for parking.

Spanky

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer, don't know if you unterstood it right, its a domain like for example newyork.biz. I'm not gonna buy it for parking but for development. My plans are to create a site like e.g. this one: http://www.sanfrancisco.com/ where hotels are listed and you can learn sthg about the city.

Is it usual that .biz domains with good keywords are sold that cheap?

D

Domn

Thanks for your answer, don't know if you unterstood it right, its a domain like for example newyork.biz. I'm not gonna buy it for parking but for development. My plans are to create a site like e.g. this one: http://www.sanfrancisco.com/ where hotels are listed and you can learn sthg about the city.

Is it usual that .biz domains with good keywords are sold that cheap?

I thought you wanted something like NewYorkCity.biz but in any case the .biz TLD will not get you any big offers for the domain name

If the city is very popular (that i don't think so with 800K only) you are sure that the TLD will limit your earning potential A LOT.

If you plan to develop it then i believe it will be OK
Check also the similar names at other extensions to verify if they do the same thing or in case they see your work will do the same stealing part of your traffic (.com version can do it)

Last edited by a moderator:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A true geocity .biz is valuable, especially for a large US city with a population of more than 100,000.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the domains are worth little but are good for mini-sites. I recently aquired this one for low xxx about the city of nurnberg (nurenburg) Nurnberg which earns some adsense.

D

Domn

A true geocity .biz is valuable, especially for a large US city with a population of more than 100,000.

Don't disagree but the keyword we highlight here is the "US city"
If it's not a US city or a city with few internet penetration will not be equally valuable.

I saw before some time a ccTLD sale of a city name with 500K population and remained unsold for many months

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom