Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Civilization III

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I enjoy this game (a great way to pass the time).

It still kills me whenever I see a weakened phalanx of spearmen successfully defend a healthy squadron of modern tanks, though.

I guess I need to work on air support? :D

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to be on that forum quite a bit a while ago. Some of the mods were great, others were hilarious.

Civilization III is a fun game. Have you tried anything from the Total War series? Medieval: Total War I was a fun game too.

Last edited:

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
CIV is one of the best games EVER made. I was hooked back in 1991 when the ORIGINAL Civ was launched. Games usually dont keep my attention for more than a month or two, but 18 YEARS later, I am as hooked on Civ as I was back in college. I just fired up a new game 2 nights ago.

You should try Civ IV! Its great. I am curious if there will be a Civ V though - they have not released a new version for 5 years now.... And Civ IV does not work well on Vista - so I keep an XP comp on my desk for this purpose :)

-Bob

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CIV is one of the best games EVER made. I was hooked back in 1991 when the ORIGINAL Civ was launched. Games usually dont keep my attention for more than a month or two, but 18 YEARS later, I am as hooked on Civ as I was back in college. I just fired up a new game 2 nights ago.

You should try Civ IV! Its great. I am curious if there will be a Civ V though - they have not released a new version for 5 years now.... And Civ IV does not work well on Vista - so I keep an XP comp on my desk for this purpose :)

-Bob

I remember *ahem* Downloading Civ from a BBS at 2400bpS (yes, 2.4K). It took me for ever and I had no idea what I was downloading - just something called Civ.

Civilization had me hooked, it was a great game. Civ II was great also, basically a Windows version of Civ, with better graphics.

Then, the split, when Sid left Fraxis (I think it was them?) and then it split - Civilization: Call to Power, one other and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Of course, AC was the best one of them all and then he joined up with Atari and got Civ III out.

I have Civ 4 - it is great but very complex and quite the resource hog - it even pushes my system a little (Dual Core 1.8, 2GHz RAM, 256MB Video, etc..). I can play it now, it is nice, but I think Civ III is my favorite.

I've even downloaded tools to make your own research trees, one thing that is mising is our research to animals. The only one realted to animals is horeback riding, but there is a lot more to it to that - from basic domestication (which could give farming, etc..) to training (military units, circuis etc..). Too bad my ADD got in the way and I never finished it. :)

But yeah, Sid has kept me mezmerized for just as long and it is the only game series that I can play over and over - probably because no two games are alike, in any way (different maps, different everything).

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still playing CIV IV multiplayer - Fall from Heaven II mod - with a couple of friends from time to time ; same with another Sid's game : Railroad Tycoon ;)

Like Bob, I started with the first Civ, the only game I buy sequel after sequel. Kudos to Sid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom