Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs CJ.com is horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never been able to get anything decent going there..

They should not allow Merchants to cancel links every 2 weeks or when ever they like .. either have the funds for a 3 month min run or find something else to do..

I get so tired of CJ and the goofy cr*p they let their merchant sget by with..

I vented.. I feel better..

Domain Days 2024

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its a hit and miss thing ... it took me 14 months before I Found my first GOOD affilaite that actually paid me

6 more months later, and I only have four more good ones

... but its very worth it :)

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with cj i tend to stick with brand names and bricks and mortor Merchants because of the problems..

i use tradedoubler.com (europe) and have never had a problem with payment or links.

wilco

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are just sooo many merchants at CJ that you have to choose them carefully; and I agree with unclewilco for sticking with the brand names.

FYI: I once had a commission of $599.40 from a single sale there (big one, $3,996) a couple of years ago. Good luck! ;)

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wowza nameslave .. what did you sell?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a $100+ commission from them today, as someone bought Nuclear Gas Masks in a $1000+ transaction from www.nuclearbomb.com . Gotta love it! :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
I got a $100+ commission from them today, as someone bought Nuclear Gas Masks in a $1000+ transaction from www.nuclearbomb.com . Gotta love it! :)

:laugh: well congrats George.. that also settles what I am going to do with AtomicBomb.us and AtomBomb.us :laugh:

I was just frustrated earlier because I had a nice sale on cj coming from Chessmasters.us $17 commisssion ..just dissappear. The commission sat there for 3 weeks along with rest of my commissions..

I am assuming it was returned or a bad CC something like that..my problem is CJ dosent tell you why the commissios were canceld.. No email- no nothing , we are just taking comissions from you and not going to explain why..

overall it just seems like I work so much harder on CJ for less than I do on most of my other programs..

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK

LOL...... well not really,

where were the buyers from!!!!!!!!

this could be important,,

can i buy sand bags for my shed there!!

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by unclewilco

LOL...... well not really,

where were the buyers from!!!!!!!!

this could be important,,

can i buy sand bags for my shed there!!

sand bags... Umm hey wilco tell you what.. if it happens I suggest you give up on your beloved shed and head over to Moles place.. underground :laugh:

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not had much success with CJ or other affiliate sites. I have done much better with the PPC services like Domain Sponsor and Fabulous. Affiliate sites seems like a lot of time and effort and the return has not been good for me.

Do you all calculate your effective CPM (based on unique impressions)? If so, what kind of numbers do you end up with? My better names make $15 to $35 per cpm on DS or Fab.

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to agree that cj has slow links and change affiliates all the time, BUT I do make some good $$$ out of them every month.

carlomrx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have not had any luck with CJ, but I have done alright with direct response. Although DR is much more difficult to use, the sponsors all prepay and it will tell you how much they have left in their accounts before signing up so they are not cancelled unexpectedly.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After I get my first and last check from CJ I am quitting them.
I have made $70 in several months with them while I have made about $1k+ from other sponsors.
CJ stinks.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is it CJ.com's fault if people aren't buying anything?

If the people that come to the site
and click on banners or are redirected to a affiliate site...seems to me that their job is done. Its up to the visitors to buy something from there on in.

Why would it be any different using Linkshare.com for example?

I agree with one of the posters ... make sure you pick the links from established reputable companies at ANY affiliate service.

I for one have had good luck with CJ.com, and to make it better they always pay on time.

Maybe try:
Linkshare.com
Reporting.net ( befree.com )
Perfomics.com
deepbluesea.com

to name a few.

But bottom line is your visitors need to buy something your affiliate company can't make them. You could always go PPC :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Izoot, actually the reason I was venting was because I made a nice sale for a company and a few days before it was to "clear" the Affiliate company cancelled my commission without so much as a email explanation.. even though I know they still pocketed the actual sale !

And cj was response (after repeated attempts to contact)was basically that they they dont get involved ! lol..

I have just found the past few years I get considerably better deals working directly with company run affiliate programs instead of using the intermediate /middle man set-ups linke cj , linkshare etc...

I just get in a grumpy mood everytime I log in at cj and see another change your links nonsense , or a bunch of programs that dropped completely overnight..

Nice to see they work ok for some people.. I just cant get untracked with them..after 3 years or more

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
np :)

Did they say whether the customer canceled the sale? Its not unusal to have charge backs ( you probably know this )

Can I ask what Vendor it was...probably would be good info to know for those of us that still use CJ.

I do find their ( CJ's ) response to be a big load of crap, its no way to do business ... fortunatly I haven't had to deal with them on anything like this yet.

The vendors jumping from one site to the next seems to be a fact of life using this method of monetization ... I try to stick to the bigger companies but even they jump ship from time to time.

Best of luck to ya :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izoot
np :)

Did they say whether the customer canceled the sale? Its not unusal to have charge backs ( you probably know this )

Can I ask what Vendor it was...probably would be good info to know for those of us that still use CJ.

I do find their ( CJ's ) response to be a big load of crap, its no way to do business ... fortunatly I haven't had to deal with them on anything like this yet.

The vendors jumping from one site to the next seems to be a fact of life using this method of monetization ... I try to stick to the bigger companies but even they jump ship from time to time.

Best of luck to ya :)

Normally I wouldnt do this but since they dont think it's too important to responed to my emails ..it was Redbuzz.com

In cj.coms report view.. this is the only "explanation"

Unqualified Lead (!)

In other words..we will take the sale.. not pay you your commission and not really explain why LOL !

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received $50-150 every month on notebook.net. Anyway, I just sold notebook.net on sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom