Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Clone Site - Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the possibility of a site similar to the one I am indicating here. Is it possible to clone this sort of idea, scripting, etc?
If so, what sort of money would I be looking at laying out to get something similar?
Is there any special needs for the hosting, large expenses, etc?
drive archive .co.uk

Thanks in advance.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
John, go post a project at Scriptlance.com

I have used them many times, you get all kind of interested programmers from India, they are geniuses and don't charge much, I love that site.

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks fryman. I agree with you, I have used them before too for logos. I have had some very good stuff for a few dollars. I thought I would open the offer to DNF members to see if they wished to compete with the sort of offers these guys (& gals) offer.

marketing

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
John, go post a project at Scriptlance.com

I have used them many times, you get all kind of interested programmers from India, they are geniuses and don't charge much, I love that site.

I have found that scriptlance programmers (not all of them but some) will sell you a free script, which they either modify alittle or claim that they made it. I have also found sometimes (sinec I use to use them a lot to freelance out my clients work) that they are not as good at communicating ect... (once again not all programmers from that site, but I have had a few bad experiences).

I would recommend RentACoder.com It is a HUGE site and is run very professional...I have never been short changed or felt cheated on that site...and the work is always unbealievable good. Also has great communication support built right into the site ect...

RentAcoder.com is better than scriptlance in my personal opinion.

But just my 2 cents...and you didn;t even ask for it... :)

pavsta

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
marketing said:
I have found that scriptlance programmers (not all of them but some) will sell you a free script, which they either modify alittle or claim that they made it. I have also found sometimes (sinec I use to use them a lot to freelance out my clients work) that they are not as good at communicating ect... (once again not all programmers from that site, but I have had a few bad experiences).

I would recommend RentACoder.com It is a HUGE site and is run very professional...I have never been short changed or felt cheated on that site...and the work is always unbealievable good. Also has great communication support built right into the site ect...

RentAcoder.com is better than scriptlance in my personal opinion.

But just my 2 cents...and you didn;t even ask for it... :)

I totally agree, there are some really bad and fake programmers at scriptlance, and im a bit of a php programmer myself but if i dont have time to do a project and i hire a programmer i find that at scriptlance they will tell you a whole load of crap just to give them more time then they estimated like: "the networking of your server is all wrong and i will need to re-configure parts of it so the program you require made will be able to access certain permissions and therefore your project deadline will have to be extended by a few days" and this was for a really simple script and all he had was FTP connection details so if you understand what i mean it was just a total lie, but i also agree there are yet some quality programmers at scriptlance but RentACoder is better :p

GodBlessYou

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its really easy to do an exact copy of a site, but its not really the best idea, did you get it done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom