Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Closed Auctions threads from Bumping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I see too many auction threads being closed because of bumping...i see this as a major problem because sometimes people may place an auction with an ending date and then when price doesn't hit their expectations they begin to bump the thread.

This may not be in all the cases, but there has to be a way to prevent this from happening.

I see auctions being created, being bumped...and then auctions do not begin again. So now, bids that were placed are no longer valid because auction threads are closed.

Can we find a way to get a resolution towards this? Or maybe have mods warn users and not close threads? I am specifically annoyed by this in auction threads where it has a negative impact to all users.

Upvote 0
C

Chuck

I see too many auction threads being closed because of bumping...i see this as a major problem because sometimes people may place an auction with an ending date and then when price doesn't hit their expectations they begin to bump the thread.

This may not be in all the cases, but there has to be a way to prevent this from happening.

I see auctions being created, being bumped...and then auctions do not begin again. So now, bids that were placed are no longer valid because auction threads are closed.

Can we find a way to get a resolution towards this? Or maybe have mods warn users and not close threads? I am specifically annoyed by this in auction threads where it has a negative impact to all users.

We will review this and see if there is a better alternative. Whether it changes or not there will be some type of rule of course and it is up to the thread creator to follow it. I do understand your point however and will see what the brain-trust can come up with on our end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom