Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Closing deals - not getting paid! HELP!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 111831
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 111831

I come to terms with probably one person a month for a nice high xxx or low x,xxx sale of a domain I picked up for low xx. Some of these are WHOIS email, most are from WhyPark or other parking page links that say the domain is for sale.

I HAVE YET TO BE PAID FOR A SINGLE DOMAIN, the only time I get paid is from forum sales.

What the f$&# am I doing wrong? One of these was for low xx,xxx!

They send an offer or ask how much, I quote a big price, they counter, I counter and that is that. With the exception of two domains that I simply accepted their offer because it was way more than I would have quoted and didn't want to lose the sale out of pure greed.

I usually say they can pay via PayPal or Escrow.com and give them my email address for both. They say they'll pay. Some people back and forth for awhile, but they just don't f$%#ing pay.

Please help!!! What am I doing wrong?

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope you haven't pushed or transfer the domains to the buyers' accounts?

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I deal with finicky end users daily. If they contact me usually it is a done deal. But I did notice that sometimes they are still thinking about it when they contact me and have not made their mind up and are usually the ones who back out. Starting off with a high BIN maybe a turnoff and kill it there, most end users are not pro bidders so have a set realistic price. What some figure out after they give me a call is that they can be clever and get a similar name for a $10 reg fee.

All you need to do is give them a follow up call or email and you will find your answers as to why.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 111831

Thanks.

My follow-up emails are either ignored or they say they are going to pay (and then don't).

Have never done any sales over the phone, maybe I should try that.

T

tekz999

Yup, I encounter deadbeat buyers making garbage excuses for not to pay everyday. One way to dealt with it, is to report if there is a medium for non-payment complaint.

MT Domains

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had that happen a few times now... never for the big amounts you have though. Just a few domains that were mid xxx range. Everything seems to be going very smoothly where a price is agreed upon, then when the details are being worked out (using escrow.com, or something else) and everything looks good, they drop off the face of the earth.

I email them to try to find out what's going on after a couple days of not hearing from them, and then after a few weeks (with occasional emails) I finally just give up when I get absolutely no response back... I'm not sure if someone is whacking my buyers, or if they just have second thoughts. If they'd at least respond with a "sorry, I decided not to buy it" or something like that I'd at least feel better.

Leaving me hanging so I don't know if the buyer is going to come back, if they have gone missing and I should organize a search party with the local authorities, or if they just decided against buying it isn't too nice :p

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i always direct end-users/email inquiries to submit their offer via sedo

if they never submit it, then i move on

sometimes... they too, will play the wait game

it can last for years if you retain the name

calling back indicates a sense of urgency by the seller

which typically means offering a lower price

if you're comfortable being in that position, go for it

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom