Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

CLOSING SALE AT "SEDO"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
a potential buyer offered me a price for my domain I need money and don't want to waite long and i want to know how long does it take to get paid from SEDO when transfer is done ?

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Better to talk to jay if you wana do it a bit earlier or minimum of 2 weeks i guess.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My quickest was 2 days from sale to funds. Make sure you have the domain unlocked and get SEDO to allow you to transfer it to them then let sedo earn the 10% by taking care of the transfer between SEDO and the Buyer.

S

SedoCoUk

TrafficNames said:
Hi,
a potential buyer offered me a price for my domain I need money and don't want to waite long and i want to know how long does it take to get paid from SEDO when transfer is done ?

Hi TrafficNames,

We invoice and receive payment from the buyer ASAP and the minute the domain is in the hands of the buyer's hands we move that payment from our escrow account to your bank account or send it to you via check or Paypal according to what you choose for a method of payment.

That being said the transfer team we have that assists with payment and the technical transfer will move transfer along as quickly as circumstances allow. How quickly they get a response from both buyer and seller and which registrar they are dealing with certainly contribute to how fast the transfer goes through. Some registrars are more restrictive and they take longer to work with and some are much quicker to deal with. There have been transfers that have gone through in a day and others that have taken weeks. None the less, everything on our end is handled as expediently as possible.

Jay
[email protected]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Indeed, no problems with the handling of transfers by Sedo. They're fast and respond fast to queries/status update requests as well.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To date.. all my transfers have been completed in under 7 days.. SEDO are experts at this now, and they have a great transfer team, always polite and friendly. And each time i get a new transfer agent, I make a new friend :) well I gotta love people who give me money...

I had the pleasure of speaking to Jay last night on the phone, however I think he sounded a little shocked.. I told him about an domain I sold outside of SEDO and I wished for them to handle the transfer, he got right on it and ushered the buyer through the process... all I done was make the call, they took care of the rest. The deal itself was a little different cause I had the buyer pay the SEDO fees :p

First thing this morning got an email from the transfer team informing me that everything was going accordingly. Buyer has been invoiced, and Jay said he would keep an eye on it and let me know as soon as the buyer pays so I can release domain to SEDO and sit back and wait for the cash.. (my last wire from SEDO took 3 days to reach my account)

I just cant fault it.. KUDOS.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy too with the speed that sedo process transfers and payments.

As Jay says, a lot depends on the purchaser and seller and registrars working smoothly with their transfer agents.

For me, I like the fact that a person is dealing with the transfer rather than an automated program (escrow.com).

If all goes smoothly, my payments have normally been received within 7 to 16 days of starting the process.

3-4 weeks would be for cases where there are problems (slow payer, problems/delays with the transfer of the domain etc).

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
To date.. all my transfers have been completed in under 7 days.. SEDO are experts at this now, and they have a great transfer team, always polite and friendly. And each time i get a new transfer agent, I make a new friend :) well I gotta love people who give me money...

I had the pleasure of speaking to Jay last night on the phone, however I think he sounded a little shocked.. I told him about an domain I sold outside of SEDO and I wished for them to handle the transfer, he got right on it and ushered the buyer through the process... all I done was make the call, they took care of the rest. The deal itself was a little different cause I had the buyer pay the SEDO fees :p

First thing this morning got an email from the transfer team informing me that everything was going accordingly. Buyer has been invoiced, and Jay said he would keep an eye on it and let me know as soon as the buyer pays so I can release domain to SEDO and sit back and wait for the cash.. (my last wire from SEDO took 3 days to reach my account)

I just cant fault it.. KUDOS.

I have had one sale through sedo, and right now I'm buying a name through them I just made the payment.

I don't know what bet my sale toke 3 weeks. But thpart of it was the fact that it was a .org, so I had to deal with namecheap to get my authcode, so that account for part of the time spent.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have transferred domains to Sedo before now and they release the funds when the domain is in their account, prior to transferring to buyer!

No probs, very efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom