Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise CloudDigital.net

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Philip_Hevican

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys any ideas what this might be worth?

Cloud domains seem to have some value but not sure how much the .net extension lets it down..

Cheers

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the word "Digital" and it goes well with the cloud niche, however....the extension really hurts this one. I have tried selling .net cloud names over the years and had no luck at all

Philip_Hevican

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I like the word "Digital" and it goes well with the cloud niche, however....the extension really hurts this one. I have tried selling .net cloud names over the years and had no luck at all

It's a nice easy phrase to say so it may have brandable potential but as you said the .net lets it down slightly. In your experience are .net domains very hard to sell?

Cheers

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes they are hard to sell, especially in tech niches, I have sold quite a lot of cloud names and used to put in a couple of .net cloud names at very reasonable prices and never got any bites

I have asked end-users before why they didn't want the .NET names as they were very strong cloud keyword, the responses I usually got were something along these lines

"Serious companies don't use .NET"
"We own the .COM and .DE so we don't need the .NET as well"

Last edited:

Philip_Hevican

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes thye are hard to sell, especially in tech niches, I have sold quite a lot of cloud names and used to put in a couple of .net cloud names at very reasonable prices and never got any bites

I have asked end-users before why they didn't want the .NET names as they were very strong cloud keyword, the responses I usually got were something along these lines

"Serious companies don't use .NET"
"We own the .COM and .DE so we don't need the .NET as well"

Ah I see, I figured they weren't as sought after as .COM but I figured the name was still pretty good and had potential but that's worth knowing thank you.

I'm still learning my way through so it's good to have some advice from someone who knows what they are talking about

ronanronan

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
that is really interesting .......wowww

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators