Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

CloudFest and NamesCon were sold (in news) - were they sold fully? .. So much untold information on the current Ownership Structure

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Many of us have heard broad news that CloudFest was sold earlier this year (July 2024).

Does anyone have more information on this?

Press release: https://tesonet.com/newshub/tesonet-sells-cloudfest-shares-to-opus-origin-first-exit-announcement/

And the main part of it is: The partners of Equivia have sold 100% of their shares in WHD Event GmbH to the strategic media and events investor Opus Origin. As part of the transaction, investors, including Tesonet, sold 100% of their shares in WHD Event GmbH (WHD Event GmbH organizes Cloudfest, CloudFest USA, NamesCon, and MSP GLOBAL).

The question: selling "100% of their shares" > who else has shares in it? What percentage from 100% actually were these Tessonet shares?

The information is so incomplete that it is very difficult to understand the broad picture.

Then, there is another announcement: "Opus Origin has acquired WHD Event GmbH from the partners of Equivia, for an undisclosed amount." Ref: https://www.exhibitionworld.co.uk/o...ternational-hosting-and-cloud-event-portfolio

Does this mean that all the shares moved hands?

For an organiser of events for the domain name industry > CloudFest and NamesCon are the biggest 2 names (apart from ICANN events, of course). Can you help me finding some more information? .. trying to have a clear understanding what is what.

Thank you.

Domain Days 2024

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
.. have to add > I absolutely love CloudFest!! What the team has created > is unbelievable.

---

As I am planning the growth of Domain Summit (now also in the USA) > false understanding of competition can have a damaging factor. .. yes, I am talking about the NamesCon. The power-trio are still kicking everyone's ass > the feedback on the recent MSP Global is insanely great! The guys are beyond good!!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom