Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

club drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does club drop ever catch anything? They were 0 for 7 for domains I was hi-bidder on. I got 2 of them anyways via NW and SN, but, just wondering if club drop is worth wasting time on?

Thanks,
Rob

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mogtnomr said:
Does club drop ever catch anything? They were 0 for 7 for domains I was hi-bidder on. I got 2 of them anyways via NW and SN, but, just wondering if club drop is worth wasting time on?

Guess that depends on the amount of competition for the domains you're going after.

I get roughly 1 out of 6 from SN. And, I get more like 1 out of 15 at NW.
For club drop, they have only gotten 1 out of 50+ that I've been going for!

But, your results may be better. For $95/month; it's just a big rip-off to me.

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
Guess that depends on the amount of competition for the domains you're going after.

I get roughly 1 out of 6 from SN. And, I get more like 1 out of 15 at NW.
For club drop, they have only gotten 1 out of 50+ that I've been going for!

But, your results may be better. For $95/month; it's just a big rip-off to me.

Actually, they just changed their policy... its now _free_ for dropclub.

Rob

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that had decent luck for me, but more on the names that dropped through the cracks. Their new policy is far for free to me. $2 a name is a huge increase for me and you can only bid well it goes 2-10-20-30(plus your reg fee), just not a way I like. Well I'm not happy with most now. They and NW were the only ones I used much and since they both changed formats I don't care for them. Snap is to hit and miss and tough to find much I would pay $69 for that isn't snapped(plus they rarely win) and saidly the auctions on pool go nuts for must names I want. The names I have gotten from pool might have even dropped, but I wanted the name. No need to take a chance.

I sure wish a new player would come around, but with WLS luming it seems a bit unlikely.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mogtnomr said:
Actually, they just changed their policy... its now _free_ for dropclub.

Thanks for the feedback, Rob & Keshe.

I was not aware it had gone to that format... hmm... interesting.

It's probably worth it as a backup then --if you have time to manage the auctions BEFORE they win the names. Man, what a stupid idea! I hate NW for that very reason! Well... not to mention that NW rarely gets my name and has the ABSOLUTELY WORST support ever.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just wrote them b/c this format is ridiculous. For those that care, here's what I wrote:

Hopefully this will matter to you.

Today was the first day I participated in club drop bidding --since you finally removed the ridiculous $99/month fee.

Everyone spiked the bid at the last minute and I was unable to win a bid. There is no way I am going to "wonder" what someone else might bid and then jump in with a sky-high bid at the last moment.

This new bidding system is a complete waste of time and is not well thought out.

What use is this without "proxy bidding?"

Why did you choose the namewinner format of wasting my time bidding on domains you don't have?

I should be able to concentrate my bids only for domains you already have (i.e. pool.com method).

my 2cents --hopefully you'll change this and make it worth it for me to participate.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
I just wrote them b/c this format is ridiculous. For those that care, here's what I wrote:

I don't like the Pool method, either. It is the easiest to use, and makes sure every domain name goes to the highest bidder. Trouble is, I'm very seldom the highest bidder. I'd like to sell all the names I own through the Pool auction process - then I'd retire and forget about the domain game.

I liked Club Drop a lot better before the changes. I had just renewed for $99 a few days before they opened the gates to everyone. In that respect, I think I got screwed (by paying for a month of access to a pay service, only to find myself competing with people who didn't have to pay). I think they should refund membership fees on a pro rata basis. But that is the least of the problem - Club Drop is practically unusable for me now. I used to use it to pick up low interest names at a very low cost. I registered at least 100 domains through Club Drop for each $99 I paid, so each one cost me less than $7.95. Now since it's free to bid, even those "low interest" names go for more than $2 over reg fee. I don't blame eNom for changing the system to try to make more money, but I do hate to see it happen.

The good news is that for me the drop game has deteriorated so much lately that I really no longer care if WLS is implemented!

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You've almost completely summed up my thoughts. I have told them several times, especially this time about changing the rules without notice or refunds. Their timing was good for me this time on my renewal, but you and others just got screwed. How can they think thats a good idea. Why in the world can they not annouce the new rules will go into affect x date to make things go a little more smoothly. Why would they not refund unused portions. And yes $2 per name hurts me a hell of a lot more than $99 did. And while I sure don't think wls is the answer, the drop market is a mess now, and the only one doing great is pool. Those prices are nuts. It sure would be nice if there was a good catcher that was non bidding(like snap but caught names). I imagine that if they weren't so on WLS they would be on bidding already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom