Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ClubDrop cheating? Advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwright

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won an auction, eNom confimed this and gave the domain to another person. Here are the details.

I have placed an order in advance. The domain was captured by eNom. There were 2 bidders (me and another person) in the private auction. The auction ended yesterday. My winning bid was $90. When I checked my mailbox in the evening, I got this:

The below domain names were successfully picked up by Club Drop on your behalf. We are unable to place these names in your account (xxxxx) due to an invalid or declined credit card.

Club Domain Names - cost shown includes bid and registration fee
================================================================
xxxxxxx.com - $100.21

Please log into and update the credit card on your account as soon as possible so as to not lose these valuable names. We will reattempt to place these into your account several times a day during the 5-day grace period for each domain.​
Here is what I checked next:

1. The credit card. It is perfectly valid, the balance is enough to cover dozens of similar purchases. I even charged the card through our corporate merchant account in amount exceeding the "declined" one. The card was 100% good. Furthermore, the eNom already charged the card several days ago for another domain.

2. dig the domain. Suddenly it got resolved through eNom domain servers. I opened it in browser and, yes – domain is for sale by someone from Richmond, BC, Canada. Minimum bid $300. Whois creation date: 05 Feb 2007 18:08:56

I will post domain name later (just do not want traffic spike right now), but it is definitely worth more than $90 and I was very surprised to see my competitor stopped at $80. Now I am not that surprised..

So, the card was perfectly valid but eNom says it was declined and, instead of 5 days grace period they state, they immediately transfer the domain to another party.

Any advice needed. I have submitted service tickets, sent messages to their contact email and recorded a voice mail. They will open 9am PST. Will call them again. Any suggestions are welcome.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem once. This has something to do with enom's billing system. You have to manually deposit money into the account, otherwise money will not automatically deducted from your credit card unless the balance is below the low limit you have setup. For example, you might have $70 in your account but it is not enough to cover your last purchase. And if you set your limit on $50, enom will not be able to take the money from your card and paid for your purchase. I lost one domain that way and learned my lesson.

You might also want to see if enom has charge you $10 for failure to pay for the domain.

I think you should just let it go and move on with another domain... Good luck...

Varchar

eastwright

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this, because

1. the message from eNom explicitly states "invalid or declined credit card" as the only reason
2. the message from eNom explicitly states "5-day grace period"
3. there is no way to setup account balance and deposit money with ClubDrop account (I do not have a reseller account). At least I did not find such an option or instructions and my prior order was processed without any problems.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't happen to be a domain with "minute" at the end of it would it?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this, because

1. the message from eNom explicitly states "invalid or declined credit card" as the only reason
2. the message from eNom explicitly states "5-day grace period"
3. there is no way to setup account balance and deposit money with ClubDrop account (I do not have a reseller account). At least I did not find such an option or instructions and my prior order was processed without any problems.

you should get a reseller account, as this will make the process much easier and cheaper.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The messages your getting are automated, you need to speak to someone in billing to resolve it, and stress the point that you have a 5 day grace period....Try speaking with Laurie Krick, I have her email if you want me to PM it to you.

In the future, make certain you have enough funds in your account to cover your auctions, when there are less funds, problems usually arise

eastwright

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just returned back home, tried to call them on the road with no luck. Service tickets are ignored. Emails not answered. What a joke: today they charged my card for another domain without any problems, but the card suddenly gets "invalid or declined" when processing domain they already gave to another person (yes, they pretend they continue trying to process the order).

2 Devil Dog: No. The domain is 8 letters long, exists in .net, .org, .biz and many country TLDs. In use mainly by wholesalers and retailers of widely used office supplies.

2 RaiderGirl: Yes, could you please PM me the address (your profile does not accept PMs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom