Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.CM Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey All - Great news!

.CM is now available to the general public and has NO residency requirements! The .CM landrush is open for pre-orders as of today!

For more information, please link to: http://www.moniker.com/dotcm

Why .CM?

.CM represents the country of Cameroon for those wishing to extend their brand.

How do you get .CM domain?

To get a .CM domain name – you can pre-order now. If there is more than one interested party, an auction will be run at NameJet.

How it works:

1. Pre-order your .CM domains through Moniker by July 31st, 2009. A charge of $350 per domain will be made at this time (includes a 2 year registration fee).

2. Participate in a three day auction at NameJet once contacted via email. Auctions will start Tuesday, August 4th, 2009.

3. If you win the domain, you pay the auction amount through NameJet. This does NOT include the registration fee previously charged by Moniker.

4. If you do NOT win the domain, your $350 per domain pre-order fee will be credited to your Moniker pre-paid funds.

How will I be notified of an auction?

NameJet will notify you via an email when your pre-ordered domain is starting in an auction. They will also notify you if you win a domain. Remember, you must win it in an auction or be the only bidder to take possession.

How will I set name servers?

Due to registry restrictions, you will not be able to change the name servers until early 2010 as determined by the registry. In the interim, you will be able to adjust your host records as you see fit. Until such time, the names servers will be set to Moniker name servers.

Don’t Miss Out!!! Pre-Order .CM Domains TODAY!

Any questions please contact [email protected]

Thanks!

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$175 per year regfee for a typo...I'll pass

Vutos

TheDomainingBlog.com
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
im going for it.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what's the registration/renewal fee when open to the public?

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

"Due to registry restrictions, you will not be able to freely change the name servers until early 2010 as determined by the registry. Until that time, all name server updates will be charged a processing fee, and will only be available via special request.

In order to avoid future charges, please make sure you enter the name servers you plan to operate your CM domains with."

this keeps getting better and better...so I pay $350 per domain that I cant point to a server until 2010?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

"Due to registry restrictions, you will not be able to freely change the name servers until early 2010 as determined by the registry. Until that time, all name server updates will be charged a processing fee, and will only be available via special request.

In order to avoid future charges, please make sure you enter the name servers you plan to operate your CM domains with."

this keeps getting better and better...so I pay $350 per domain that I cant point to a server until 2010?

Sorry Dentalpro - I don't make the rules.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What if I want to order a bunch of them but don't want to have $5000 refunded to my moniker pre-paid account...why can't we have the money refunded to our credit card?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What if I want to order a bunch of them but don't want to have $5000 refunded to my moniker pre-paid account...why can't we have the money refunded to our credit card?

Hey Focus – I’m sorry but no can do. We don’t have a way set it up automatically in the system to refund the credit card. At the moment, the only way a refund can be handled is having the funds refunded/returned back to the Moniker account.

I’m sure IF a refund was requested to be placed back to a credit card it could be done on a manual level. I would just say it would have to be on a case by case basis.

Thanks!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting...

I did all my backorders ( 40 ) at Enom, no payment up front and same namejet auction process if needed. You pay when you win/register.

Why use Moniker is my question.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Bizarre! and suspicious.

So you want to have a site (very doubtful) but you can not change nameservers? So all nameservers are directed to the registry's wants and wishes and the pages they choose?

Only a domainer would think of a way to do this.

Ooops!

A domainer did!

Vutos

TheDomainingBlog.com
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If I go right to namejet do I have to pay before hand?

gopher2

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Isn't a .cm domain just a way of getting traffic leaked from the .com domain? Who is really looking to extend their brand to Cameroon?
  • could be used as a way to brand yourself with a short catchy name.
  • as a hack. no word ending in 'cm' that I know of. but ex: "cm" could be "see 'em". so you could do ###Em.cm (KeepEm.cm, CatchEm.cm, KillEm.cm)
  • a word that sounds similar to "cm", seamen.cm or semen.cm :rolleyes:
just a thought

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Focus – I’m sorry but no can do. We don’t have a way set it up automatically in the system to refund the credit card. At the moment, the only way a refund can be handled is having the funds refunded/returned back to the Moniker account.

I’m sure IF a refund was requested to be placed back to a credit card it could be done on a manual level. I would just say it would have to be on a case by case basis.

Thanks!

So will you refund to a credit card if asked or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom