Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.co.uk advice needed plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

laskos

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have just recently regged the domain ****.co.uk to use as a uk forum. I have recently had an email from the owner or ****.com saying the name is trademaked ??? i have checked all the relevant TM web sites and cannot find anything that suggests his name is TM'ed ?? I have asked him to provide proof of the TM but he says it is on his web site, which the name in questions does not hold the TM next to it...His business is computer networks and mins is domain names and discussions....

where do i stand ? and wat proceedure would you take.

thanks

Laskos

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it was trademarked, how come he didn't register co.uk version too?

He is just bullying you, for something so generic I think he stands no chance whatsoever, especially if you're in U.K. developing domain forum, and he is in U.S. doing comp. networks.

But again, this is my own logic, and in no way does it represent any "certain truth."

domainscot

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
run a tm search on the uk patent office also if you name is not in the same field as his you should be ok
from the guy who beat the law society

sawan_n

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess, if he was really interested in your .co.uk name, he would have sent you a proper C&D letter. And I assume he hasnt done that right? Once you get an authentic C&D, then you need to think a bit...

my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom