Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.co.uk names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In order of effectiveness (best to worst):-

DropCatcher.co.uk
SnapNames
Pool

The difference is very marked - DC is perhaps 10x as effective as SN, which is 10x as effective as Pool.

The competition from private catchers is very fierce though, so most of the very best names go to private catchers rather than the above.

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
The competition from private catchers is very fierce though, so most of the very best names go to private catchers rather than the above.

Thanks very helpful indeed. Do you know if any of the private catchers offer their services on a commercial basis?

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of. There used to be one or two, but they dropped out (generally it's ALWAYS going to be more lucrative for them to catch for themselves!)

cjj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I'm after is a daily drop list for .co.uk only. Like the ones you get off enom but only UK?

I see Dropcatcher can pick up a dropped name but how can I find out which ones are dropping?

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nominet doesn't release a copy of their database, and large-scale attempts to release dropping lists have failed (also due to Nominet T&C) so unlike .com etc. you basically have to make your own word lists if you want to be sure not to miss the goodies!

cjj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you just enter as many as you want?! and guess when they'll go?

Also, Edwin, I'm moving to Cambridge in a year - I'll help you out if I can in some way!

Jiblob

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
In order of effectiveness (best to worst):-

DropCatcher.co.uk
SnapNames
Pool

The difference is very marked - DC is perhaps 10x as effective as SN, which is 10x as effective as Pool.

Could you possibly explain what you mean by private catchers?

Do you mean people who just go along and register a domain? :huh:

Thanks

- Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom