Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

collective.management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manolok

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just bought collective.management
Requesting an appraisal.
I know it's not worth much but I'm really interested in knowing a good starting value to negotiate with end-users.

Thanks a lot!

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I picked up a few of these - let's call them high-level generics, they could mean almost anything to anyone.

I've come to the conclusion it will take a very long time and a lot of exposure before anyone bites. When they do - some global consultancy like KPMG perhaps - it could be a bonanza, but how long are you prepared to wait? Who would you approach to get them interested?

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't see any value here.. its not really a generic keyword, has no notable search score as a keyword, and its an extension nobody knows.. add in that the renewal fee alone is probably more than a .com.. then I'd have to wonder first who would want to buy it, and second how would they even know it exists? CollectiveManager.com is available by the way, but good luck with it!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not even worth the cost to register

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the value of an average fish in a large sea?

That is what we have now with all of these extensions.

Almost none of them are worth more than any other, with the exception of some really big juicy ones.

Sorry. Keep fishing. Actually, save your money. This is not a winnable game at the moment.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the value of an average fish in a large sea?

Wonderful quote. its true in regards to the new gtld. i have no idea how much mine are and don't know if they're worth anything. but just like all investments, its a gamble. you'll get a lot of people being direct, but take it as being constructive.

why would you buy "collective(dot)management"? what was your reasoning? If it were me, id try to get "project(dot)management" as its more diverse in many industries. "collective management", dude, i have no idea what that means. does it mean "a collection of managers"? did you check the search result numbers? what motivated you to invest in this? oh, btw, its too early to know the value of these.

Manolok

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I do take them constructively.

"Collective Management" is, in words of wikipedia:

"The collective management of copyright and related rights is undertaken by various types of collective management organisations, most commonly collecting societies. Collecting societies act on behalf of their members, which may be authors or performers, and issue copyright licenses to users authorising the use of the works of their members. Collecting societies negotiate the royalty rates and other licence terms on behalf of their members and collect royalty payment on behalf of their members. Royalties are distributed by the collecting society to relevant members, who as individual right owners are not directly involved in the negotiation of the licence"

And of course, I did my research regarding possible interested end-users and will contact them directly. The reason why I posted this (originally in the "Appraisals" section) was so that I can have an idea on what to set as my starting value for future negotiations. I now understand that I might just have to "throw a number", depending on the client.

Again, I appreciate everyone for the sincere comments.

Thanks a lot!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can we appraise when there is no established market for this extension ? Hint: there won't be any.

If you bought this domain solely for resale then... you are the end user now, get over it.

Manolok

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Katherine.
Have a nice day.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.management? Really, this has to be a freakin joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't even funny no more..... This is sad, that you people are literally pissin away money on these joke extensions.... At least if you register CollectiveManagement.net it has a chance of selling.

Anyway, your money not mine. I have better things to do with mines. If I did decide to piss it away, it would be with some women and beers :veryangry:

Manolok

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply icedude.
Good luck with the girls.

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't take it hard, manolok. What looks like a mistake now may well turn into a bonanza for all anyone here knows. We optimists must stick together. fwiw, I bought managed.solutions for a premium price, I regret it now - especially as it was misspriced - but we might have the last laugh yet. Give it a few years. ;)

Manolok

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm an optimist as well... and I also understand that this business requires perseverance, patience and tolerance to failure, like almost every other aspect of life. So no, not taking it hard at all, sir. But thank you for your kind words.

Manolok

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is optimism and then there is being delusional. It's a fine line.
This is a business that 98% of the "normal" hard-working fellas all around the world wouldn't even consider as an option and yet we're here, spending lots of money buying things that may or may not be sold in the future. That's got to have a dose of delusional somewhere, in my humble opinion. Unless of course, since English is not my native language, you and I have two different definitions of the word.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a business that 98% of the "normal" hard-working fellas all around the world wouldn't even consider as an option and yet we're here, spending lots of money buying things that may or may not be sold in the future. That's got to have a dose of delusional somewhere, in my humble opinion. Unless of course, since English is not my native language, you and I have two different definitions of the word.

I know, that no matter what we say here and now will dissuade you. so perhaps if you read thru the 18 pages of this thread, you'll get an idea of what we're trying to say.

http://www.dnforum.com/f408/mobi-wh...egistrars-competition-fare-thread-180717.html

if not, maybe you'll find more keywords to add with .longassextension

Manolok

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Biggie!

Yes, I did read that thread before I even decided to get my dnf membership. Still an optimist. :thumb:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Biggie!

Yes, I did read that thread before I even decided to get my dnf membership. Still an optimist. :thumb:

K, it's all good

if you read it, and you're still optimistic...

then all I can say is Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom