Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise CollegeProfessor.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

treef

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I need an appraisal on the domain name CollegeProfessor.com which I own.

Let me know your thoughts and feedback, it is currently parked.

Thank you!

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would really prefer the plural of this name as I would develop it into routes of an alternative to RateMyProfessor or a community of college professors that are likely in the age group that still primarily hang around forums.

However, this is great as singular as THE COLLEGE professor, in that it's the starting place to learn about colleges. This is probably the most lucrative path in development because you can write one piece on each college and continually recycle, collecting that very high CPC and even CPA from for-profit schools.

I'm a developer so I buy based on what I can do with it. But you probably wouldn't like my opening offer.

I can tell you that I wouldn't sell this for anything under 7500.

After giving my price target, I went back to Namebio to see that this was a 3k purchase in 2011. If that was you, this would be an average-good investment with quick math, an annualized return of 8-9%.

treef

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you Amplify.

The idea is to get a gauge on the market price here so I can decide if it is worth selling or developing with a team.

I can tell you that there have been previous private offers (unsolicited) in the six figure range for this domain.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Amplify.

The idea is to get a gauge on the market price here so I can decide if it is worth selling or developing with a team.

I can tell you that there have been previous private offers (unsolicited) in the six figure range for this domain.
Definitely has 6 figure YoY potential, but that's about what I'd pay as a reseller. Obviously you are getting potential end user feelers here though.

jhm

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would agree with the above, sought after with clear ideas for the use. Good job

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

to me, there aren't many advertisers for the keyword
as usage is limited to explaining what a college professor is, how to become one or professor jobs, etc

additionally, one doesn't know whether the professor is an associate professor, assistant professor or if they have specialized area like research professor

but i guess that in itself, would be enough to make some content on a mini-site.

universityprofessor.com is redirected to parked page and has more search volume than college professor
collegeprofessor.us is available to register
collegeprofessors.com has BIN price of $9999
universityprofessors.com has BIN price $5k

if you received 6 figure offer, then i certainly would have taken the cash.

imo...

Last edited:

treef

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback and advise Biggie.

I agree with you about the mini-site content potential in this domain.

One of the 6 figure offers was from an established a distance learning platform that provides virtual classes and tutoring so I could see the potential of what they were trying to accomplish with this domain.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators